One Shot At "crusting" Cream Cheese Icing...any Su

Decorating By gwright0906 Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 5:22am by dustyrusty47

gwright0906 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gwright0906 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 8

I have to make a cake this week for my friend's wife's 40th birthday party (which is probably going to be one of the biggest cake I've made thus far so I'm pretty nervous already). I still don't know the party decor, etc. so obviously I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing as far as decorating yet. However, I do know that she wants a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. I have other cakes to do this week as well so I'm afraid by the time I find out what she wants, I'm only going to have one shot at making a "crusting" cream cheese icing.

Has anybody tried a crusting cream cheese recipe that is DEFINITELY good for smoothing & decorating??

7 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 8

I personally do not use CC, but here is recipe my friend uses with great success:

http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/few-of-my-favorite-things.html

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 8
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 8

earleenscakes.com has a great one. (Earleen Moor)

gwright0906 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 8

Wow...Sharon, I can not wait to order some of your videos! I was just on your websites the other night...how ironic that you answered my post!

Yellobutterfly...Kathy Finholt's recipe is also the one that Sharon recommended...it must be good so that's the one I'll try!

Thank you both!!

gwright0906 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you as well kakeladi...I was also on Earleen's website the other night lol. I will have to do some comparisons and hope I choose the right one.

I just have to say that I respect and appreciate all the "cake veterans" out there taking the time to mentor "juniors" like me icon_biggrin.gif

kdosreis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdosreis Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:43pm
post #7 of 8

I use the same recipe that yellowbutterfly recomended. It's awsome! Every time I make it people aske me for my frosting recipe. I haven't been doing cakes for too long, but I've used it on almost every cake and cupcake I've made.

dustyrusty47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dustyrusty47 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:22am
post #8 of 8

I have used the recipe from Earlenes Cakes for a wedding cake and it was fabulous . I did all the piping and icing with it and her carrot cake and red velvet recipes are awesome too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%