I Hate Estimates! Argh!!

Decorating By Flowernail Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 1:51am by indydebi

Flowernail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flowernail Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:51am
post #1 of 3

ok, estimates mean clients which means orders. I get it. But I have been BOMBARDED the last two weeks with not calls for orders but estimates. Then after I spend time calculating costs, designs, delivery fees, etc. we then counter with..well what if we add this to the cake?, or here's another cake I like, on on on. I just want, a call like I'm used to. ask for availability, tell me what you want, i create, they pick up, i get paid, see ya later. "memorieeeeeees...like the" cue the music!! haha. I'm just comedically venting here in the middle of my insanity! icon_wink.gif Anyone share the same frustrations sometimes?

2 replies
marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 3

It's been the same here for the past two weeks - email after email asking for quotes or estimates, then dead air! But, it's the nature of the beast... icon_rolleyes.gif I have started sending brides my price list with a VERY estimated cost (not including any extra costs!), then telling them that I would be happy to discuss details at a consultation - they want to fish for good prices, I can fish for signed contracts!! icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:51am
post #3 of 3

Jan thru April is the planning season .... brides are shopping. So it's expected that we will be hit with lots of inquiries. Which is good.

You need to decide how much preliminary work you're going to do before you even meet with them. (I'm assuming this is all by phone or email, since you don't mention actually meeting with them?). General info by phone or email, but no design work, type of thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%