3D Football Helmet Cake Tutorial?

Decorating By lv2bake Updated 4 May 2015 , 4:44am by lovesensation24

SweetKiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetKiara Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 3:32am
post #61 of 64

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3126052/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

I just made one this past weekend.... I use two nine inch round and a half circle pan... Then carved the it into the shape

Jorgie girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jorgie girl Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 7:53pm
post #62 of 64

A[@]kitticakes[/@]

For the logo, I used the pin prick method in the past. I printed up the size I wanted and then poked holes through the outline. I carefully put that on the side of the cake and ran my finger over the holes. When you remove the paper, the holes will be imprinted on the icing. Then you pretty much connect the dots to get the picture. Fill in the picture with the appropriate colors. Fortunately, I now have an edible image printer.

For the face mask, use gumpaste, or at least a 50/50 mix of gumpaste/fondant. Fondant by itself will soften when it is in contact with the buttercream. And if you can, do the mask a week in advance.

What I did was roll out ropes of gumpaste/fondant. I used a 1-1/2 gallon pitcher, covered with wax paper, that had an 8" diameter, so a hat box or some kind of cylinder with the same diameter would work. I rolled 2 pieces about 1 long each and another piece about 2 long. These form the center, vertical lines. (Follow the pics). I then took another rope and started about half way up one side of the pitcher, then looped it over to the same spot on the other side. Then lay 2 horizontal ropes. The ropes touched the countertop on both sides of the pitcher. There was probably a space of 1" to 1 -1/2" between them. I usually do this a week in advance to make sure it dries really well. The two ends of the horizontal ropes are the "posts" that are put into the cake. I believe the front part of the mask was just over 2" from top to bottom. If you have to paint it, don't forget to do the inside part of the mask, because that will be noticeable

You can do a smaller version if you want to, just use 2 - 6" layers for the bottom and one of the Wilton ball pans will fit. For the face mask I used a can the size of a large formula can.

These are very basic instructions. Ive seen some really good helmets with lots of details out there. But this will at least get you started. [URL=http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/e/e1/e1e8479d_helmet1_178.jpeg]LL [/URL][/quote]

la sparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
la sparkle Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 5:44am
post #63 of 64

APls bakers I like all the helmet tutorial here but we Nigerians don't do super bowls.....I want an engineer protective helmet tutorial

lovesensation24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovesensation24 Posted 4 May 2015 , 4:44am
post #64 of 64

I baked a 9" round cake and a 9" dome cake and then stacked these and carved the shape. For the face guard, I shaped wires and covered them in fondant and then set them in place on the helmet. I didn't really find a very good tutorial online that explained it properly so I just went with my own instincts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%