Anyone Used A Actual Cheesecake For A Filling?

Decorating By blissful Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 3:37am by sillyjodes

blissful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissful Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 17

Client is looking for a strawberry cheesecake cake. So I offered a strawberry flavoured cake with a cheesecake truffle filling (cheesecake pudding mix with heavy cream). But I was wondering if anyone has used a real cheesecake for a fiiling (without the crust, of course).

Thanks to all

16 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 17

I don't see why that wouldn't work... just bake it whatever height you want in the same size pan and stack them together as layers.

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 17

oh yummmmmmm... i can see it now... layer of cake, layer of strawberry filling, layer of cheesecake, layer of strawberry filling, another layer of cake... sooooo yummy.

But i think you should use fairly thin layers of cake/cheesecake... JMO.

willj7r0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
willj7r0 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 17

Yum- that sounds fantastic! I might have to try it.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 17

One of my favorite cakes is my devil's food cake with a cheesecake center. So good! You can also do the opposite and add batter into your cheesecakes. I make a carrot cake cheesecake that is heavenly.

I just bake the cheesecake the night before. I bake it in whatever cake pan I will be using for the cakes. I line it with foil. Then cool overnight in the fridge. I also use a New York style cheesecake recipe that is very sturdy.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 17

Yes! I do this. I bake a NY style cheese cake (minus the graham cracker crust) and then place it between two cake layers, If the shape is a square or an odd sized round that doesn't have a springform counterpart, I cut the cheese cake to fit as best as I can then use the Phillycream cheese no bake to fill in the gaps. Everyone raves about my "European Cheesecake" cakes. I do upcharge for that, it is $1.50 more per serving for the cheesecake.

gr8_seamstress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8_seamstress Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:20pm
post #7 of 17

I have used the ready make cheesecake filling many times for cake filling. Works great!

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:22pm
post #8 of 17

its the best! i have added grand marnier to my cheesecake batter and sandwiched the cheesecake between chocolate cake. very very delicious! im sure the strawberry cheesecake would be very yummy!

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 17

Okay, now I'm hungry for cheesecake. These all sound so good. I'm definitely keeping these in mind and will probably experiment with one very soon.

cindy531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy531 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:48pm
post #10 of 17

I made my first one one a couple weeks ago....chocolate choclate chip cake & cheescake filling with chocolate cream cheese frosting...it was soo gooood!

I ran out of frosting...had enough to cover once. But it was for my family.
LL

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:39am
post #11 of 17

You people are cruel! First cookies inside your cake, now cheesecake???!!

Yummmmmmmm.

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #12 of 17

OMG...that looks so delicious!!

now i have to go buy ingredients...

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:09am
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy531

I made my first one one a couple weeks ago....chocolate choclate chip cake & cheescake filling with chocolate cream cheese frosting...it was soo gooood!

I ran out of frosting...had enough to cover once. But it was for my family.

Now I'm hungry! icon_biggrin.gif

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:17am
post #14 of 17

i have used cheese cake as filling,very good just use very thin pcs of cheese cake.i also use the jello brand cheese cake no bake.. it's good also try it it's good..

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:18am
post #15 of 17

Junior's Cheesecake cookbook has a bunch of recipes that has the cake and cheesecake filling. Boy, I'm thinking as well I need to make a cake!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:19am
post #16 of 17

Just today in a store I saw Cheesecake in a tub. Ready to eat, just spread into the crust. That would make an amazing cake filling though.

sillyjodes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyjodes Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:37am
post #17 of 17

I was so excited about this that I showed my hubby the picture. He said, "Wow! That's like a turduckhen." It cracked me up, so I had to share.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%