Bridal Show Sucess :)

Decorating By tdybear1978 Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 2:22pm by tdybear1978

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 34

I just finished a bridal show this last weekend and we did SOOOO good. I ended up booking 10 weddings at the show which estimates out to around $6,000 in sales icon_smile.gif woohoo I am so excited. Here aer the pics of the cakes that I did. The 1/2 black/white was the centerpiece cake and got sooo much attention. Hope you guys like icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

33 replies
scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 34

OMGoodness! They are ALL stunning! My personal favorite is the hot pink one! How fun is that! Congrats on your success!!!

tdybear1978 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 34

this was the last one, could not get all of them in there haha

also, thanks to cc, I got a lot of ideas for the designs from here icon_smile.gif
LL

cakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjen Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 34

i LOVE your cakes... my bakery also did a bridal show this weekend, and i think that they need to do it somewhat differently...

we just basically go and give out info and try to get people in the door, which is good, but when other bakeries are booking weddings on site, and there happen to be 6 or 7 other places, getting someone to come to our store is a little harder...

do you have any tips on something i should bring up to them to get them to see the error in their ways, but in a nice way lol, i like my job

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 34

Your cakes are all so beautiful! Congrats on all the bookings! Can I ask how much you had to pay for your booth? Congrats again!!

tdybear1978 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:59pm
post #6 of 34

the show we did had lots of different kinds of vendors and we all have a booth to do with whatever we wanted. the show was for 2 days. we put all our display cakes in our booth and we also did samples (very popular) what we do to try and get people to book is we offer them a discount if they book with us at the show and give thier deposit and then we have them come in later for the consultation to finalize all the details. we have done this show for 3 years now and have had great success

tdybear1978 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 34

the booth price is $650

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 34

Wow, the bridal show I went to a few weeks ago had nothing like those!! I would book with you too. I am no pro but the show I went to the example books even had very unlevel cakes etc. I really think it helps that you are booking on site. I am doing my sisters cake and I bet she would just love your fall one with the pumpkins, she is having me make scarecrows kissing with one sitting on a pumpkin and it would work great with that one. Congrats on your sucess!!!

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 34

Congrats! Great cakes!

tdybear1978 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:11pm
post #10 of 34

we also had a digital frame that was flashing lots of other pictures on it. I have found that is so much better then having a book and people having to wait to look thru it. this way many people can stand at our table and see all the pics. it has worked well for us

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm
post #11 of 34

After seeing those cakes you displayed, I'm not surprised you booked so many weddings. They are all gorgeous, really beautiful work!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:45pm
post #12 of 34

Those are gorgeous! No wonder you did so many bookings! I bet you'll get even more from the deal later!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:58pm
post #13 of 34

Thanks for the info Tdybear1978! Again, outstanding job!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:03pm
post #14 of 34

Everyone of those cakes is outstanding. Wonderful wonderful job! And congrats on all the business you pulled in!

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:05pm
post #15 of 34

Your cakes are amazing. I have to agree with some other posters in saying that if I saw cakes like that at a show, I'd book right then too. My favorite is the black and white cake. I love the contrast with the red flowers covering the seam of the 2 colors.

hpotter83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hpotter83 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:19pm
post #16 of 34

I LOVE the hot pink one! That is so pretty! Well, they are all pretty Lol

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:30pm
post #17 of 34

Tdybear, you do the most amazing work.....you mus tbe exausted after all those cakes....are they cake or dummies?

Congrats on your success!!! You deserve it!

LuAnn

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:35pm
post #18 of 34

Beautiful. I lov ethat black and white with the red. Gorgeous.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:42pm
post #19 of 34

Congratulations! Your cakes are phenomenal! The black and white with the red flowers is outstanding! How in the world did you do that? I also like the other black and white one with the blue hydrangeas and the hot pink one is wonderful! Beautiful, gorgeous work!

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:47pm
post #20 of 34

Beautiful cakes icon_smile.gif I think the digital picture frame is a great idea. Especially if people are afriad they are going to be pressured by a sales pitch they can watch from a comfortable distance.

tdybear1978 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:56pm
post #21 of 34

all the cakes are dummy cakes and the black and white one I stack all up and make my seam with icing from the top to the bottom then I take them apart and ice one side white and one side black then just cover with the flowers. Really is pretty easy to do

teswade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teswade Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:40pm
post #22 of 34

Oh my goodness they are so amazing. I'm sure you will get more phone calls in the coming weeks for more cakes. I can only hope I can do cakes like thins one day.

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:53pm
post #23 of 34

What an amazing job you've done! They are all so amazing and with great attention to detail. If you don't mind my asking, how much would you charge for the black and white cake (for the size of the dummy cake?) I'm starting to think that people in my area seriously undercharge, and would love a comparison.

Again, awesome job!

tdybear1978 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:52pm
post #24 of 34

for that cake exactly in that size (serves 186) and design we are quoting around $472 without the flowers (we make the brides provide those to us)

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:36pm
post #25 of 34

They are absolutely "Preciosos" "Bellos" / "Beautiful" "Gorgeous" I would of picked you too.

Kudos to you and lots of success thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:39pm
post #26 of 34

That sounds very reasonable. Your quality of work is excellent. Thanks for the info.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:06pm
post #27 of 34

I love that you've included cakes to appeal to all sorts of brides--from traditional to totally not traditional. What a great collection! Which bridal show did you do--I'm from OK too!

tdybear1978 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:13pm
post #28 of 34

we did the clearchannel radio show out at northpark mall. I tried to make a good variety for the brides to look at. I have noticed that if you do just an outstanding cake the is beautiful then people tend to think WOW that is amazing she will be way too expensive andthen just walk off. so i tried to do some real time involved detailed work and then some that were a little more simple and elegant at the same time. and we really wanted to get a variety of colors in there to to try and appeal to everyone

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:34pm
post #29 of 34

Oh my goodness, your cakes are beautiful! I can see why so many brides wanted to book with you.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:43pm
post #30 of 34

Your cakes are gorgeous! Do you have an overall pic of your booth? That may be helpful to some others that will be doing a show for the first time.

My daughter and I went to a show this weekend and I was appalled at the lack of cake talent! One gal did ok, but her booth certainly didn't entice you to stop and take a second look...and another gal, well...it was ridiculous. She simply had plain, bare-naked dummies, stacked together, threw ribbon around the bases of each tier and slapped on silk flowers! icon_confused.gif Now how on earth is that supposed to advertise your talent? icon_confused.gif Even if she was a last-minute vendor, one nicely decorated cake would have been better than 4 naked dummies!

ok, sorry 'bout that little vent....

love the cakes and congrats on a successful show! Oh- question: since it was a 2-day show, did you have brides from the first day return the second day to book? Just wondering if that would be part of a more successful show for all vendors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%