Dh In Hospital

Lounge By barbaranoel Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 3:12am by kellertur

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:58pm
post #31 of 86

Oh my God barbara, I don't know what to say, I am so very sorry the news was so bad.

Continuing to pray for you guys!

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:24pm
post #32 of 86

Barb, I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. Will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

(((HUG)))

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 7:01pm
post #33 of 86

Barbara, I am so sorry that the news was so horrible as well. I will continue to pray and keep you in my thoughts. You do have a very good focus right now, keep it, and be determined.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:30am
post #34 of 86

Barb my heart just sank for you icon_cry.gif. All we can do is hope for the best and that time and modern medical advances will keep him safe and sound for a good long time. But even if he lives to be 95, this current time will be just heartwrenching for you all, and for that I am truly sorry. Major hugs to you and yours.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:46am
post #35 of 86

Barb-
I am so sorry to hear your news. Hang in there, sweetie. We're here for you.

Michelle

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:03am
post #36 of 86

hey Barb, Doug just pointed me in the direction of your thread. I don't know how I missed this but I just read the whole thing and I'm totally heartbroken for you. I can't imagine what you and your husband are going through right now... You'll be in my thoughts. Keep us posted.

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:04am
post #37 of 86

my stomach is in knots for you sweetie. I am so sorry that your family has to endure this. Love & hugs & prayers go to your whole family. ((((hug))))

We need a little praying emoticon you know it?

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:09am
post #38 of 86

Barb,

Wow, I don't know what to say. I will say a prayer for you tonight.

ButtercreamBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamBakery Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:09am
post #39 of 86

I am very sorry, try to remain positive. I will say a prayer for you.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:13am
post #40 of 86

You poor things! I am so sorry you're going through this - but I'm so glad he has you!!! Try to stay positive!!!!!

Amber

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:18am
post #41 of 86

Barb,
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
~Jen

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:20am
post #42 of 86

I will send prayers and positive thoughts your way. Miracles happen everyday. Your husband is so blessed to have a loving wife and children. Just having your family around you gives a lot of strength and hope.

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:30am
post #43 of 86

Praying for you and your family.

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:34am
post #44 of 86

Barb, I can't imagine what you and your entire family are going through. Just know that so many people are praying for your dh. Please let us know if there's any way we can help.

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:01am
post #45 of 86

I am deeply saddened to hear about your situation. I will keep you in my prayers and in my thoughts. I know everything will turn out fine, you just need to stay positive.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:08am
post #46 of 86

I'm really sorry to hear about your husband and I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I am sending you a big hug <<<<HUUUGGGGG>>>>>>>> in hopes that everything turns out for the best.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:13am
post #47 of 86

Hey Barb, I hope things are going well for y'all. Hope you've had SOME good news! I will pray for you and your family! Remember that your online family is here anytime ya need us!

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:25am
post #48 of 86

Thank you to everyone for all of your kind and loving responses. It does help.

I am hoping that with as large and diverse community as we have here that someone somewhere will know of something that will help.

Right now it's been over 24hrs since we first heard and we are starting to see what we need to do to.

We do have several things in our favor:

1. age - he is 37 and this kind of tumor is usually found in 50+ yr old men
2. Immune system - The dr says he has been fighting this on his own for over 15months which I understand is unusual because symptoms usually come on severly and quickly with this type of tumor so with radiation and chemo he can do very well for years
3. Dr is sending his films to several places incl. Duke University who are doing great research with stem cell and gene therepy
4. and best of all (if there is such a thing in this case) it is the same type of tumor and practically in the same place as Ted Kennedy's tumor. I imagine they are pouring all kinds of money into research to cure him, so therefore it could only help us. What dr wouldn't want to be the first to cure a Kennedy!!!

My work, Kroger, has been amazing. Everyone there has been so supportive and my boss sent over a huge box of groceries and food to feed the extended family at the house and then the girls have gotten together to supply dinners for us for the next couple of weeks. They've gotten several people to sign up, and those who can't cook are sending money so we can order pizza!!

So again, Thank you to everyone here.

Barb

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:46am
post #49 of 86

Barbara,

I just wanted to say like everyone else that I will hold Chris and your family in prayer. It's a scary time for you all, and hard to be strong.
He does have a lot of good points in his favor, so hang on to that.
Also remind him and remember yourself that your attitude and will are so much a part of healing and recovery.
God bless.

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:21am
post #50 of 86

Barb- just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear your news. Also, I totally understand about needing pity party time. I have been there, done that, and have the medical bills to remind me icon_rolleyes.gif . To encourage you: I am a 7 year survivor of Stage IV cancer (was misdiagnosed for over a year and had spread everywhere from neck down) and my precious husband has just passed his 2 year survivor mark for surviving an extremely agressive cancer (and the treatment was pretty darn rough). There will be horrible days and wonderful days; days where you have to jump out of bed and hit the floor running and days where you can't get up no matter what you do. Let yourself and him mourn the news and remember to cherish each day.

jmpearl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmpearl Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:37am
post #51 of 86

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

clmiller1206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clmiller1206 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:45am
post #52 of 86

Barb - so sorry to hear the news about your DH. I know that you and your family will be facing some serious challenges in the near future. When I read your posts it makes me remember that the "challenges" in my own life right now are insignificant in comparison. Please know that your fellow CC members are lifting you and your DH up in our prayers!

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:53am
post #53 of 86

Barb, I am praying for healing for your husband. Just remember, Prayer Does Work!!

KidMcWonder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KidMcWonder Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 7:29am
post #54 of 86

Big, huge, super hugs your way, Barb. We're all thinking of you and your family.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 7:48am
post #55 of 86

My Prayers are with you and your family.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:54pm
post #56 of 86

Barb,
I know this is tough, more than tough and at 37 this is the last thing one expects..but God doesnt send our way more than He knows we can handle. My prayers are with you and Chris, May the Lord help you in these troubled times and soon may a cure be found for Chris' tumor. With all the research happening, it could be any day now. Keep your thoughts positive. Love.

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:59pm
post #57 of 86

Dougs post sent me here also. Prayer works so good vibes and prayers are coming your way.

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:40pm
post #58 of 86

Doug sent me here too. Be strong and couragous and keep believing. We are going to have your husband and your family in our prayers, personal and prayer meetings. I DO believe in miracles. My aunt had breast cancer, I know is not the same, but this one too, was one of the worst there is, she was admitted as an emergency too for surgery, one long year of quimos, radiations, even some experimental new things, and she has been cancer free for 16 years. She was 39 then. Long road ahead of you, but you are not alone. I really wish I could say something that would make you feel better now. One thing, get some rest any time you can, let God hold you and your family under His wings and that is the best place you can be and let Him work through the drs. hands.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:41pm
post #59 of 86

many prayers coming your way.

staten93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staten93 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:27pm
post #60 of 86

Dougs post also sent me here. My husband is also 37 and I can only imagine how stunned you are. It sounds like he has a great doctor and has his health and age going for him. Keep a notepad with you and write down questions as you come up with them. It is so hard to remember what you want to ask the doctors when they are in the room with you. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%