Name For Cake Business

Business By MainCake Updated 15 Oct 2005 , 10:58am by eleets_treats

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 10:09pm
post #61 of 84

thats great. i know that cakes unlimited is taken as well as icing on the cake and also tiers of joy. i am confectionary perfection.

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 2:23am
post #62 of 84

I also was having problems coming up with a name and DH finally came up with something that is cute. Marilyn's Mudpies then is small print custom cakes. I even have on my business cards a picture of a child playing in mud making mudpies.

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 2:54am
post #63 of 84

You all are so very creative. Obviously your creativity does not stop at cake decorating.

I thought I would add my two cents again. A little business (legal?) stuff . . . Here in Florida you can go to the Secretary of State webpage and do a Fictitious Name search. That tells you if the name is available. After that, you then have to file for the Fictitious Name you have chosen. There is a small process in which you run an ad in your local paper that you intend to use this name. Then file the necessary paper work.
Each state may be different. My understanding is that you can use any name you want, even one already taken, as long it is not in your state. Or a registered trademark, i.e. Pilsbury. Of course you may already know this but just thought I would pass it along.

momofjil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momofjil Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 2:42pm
post #64 of 84

My husband and I are thinking of names too. We have a wedding dress shop in town that is called Moments in Time. We have had two catering businesses that have closed (because of new state laws) that were called Taste of Heavan and Tastefully Yours. I hope these can spark some thoughts.

arstyfartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arstyfartsy Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 11:39pm
post #65 of 84

I love all the creative juices flowing here! Just wanted to make a quick suggestion to enhance your search when you are checking availability of names. "Takes The Cakes" is really cute but I'm almost positive it is taken. There are actually several similar to this already taken... Takes The Cake by Millie, We Take The Cake, Takes The Cake, (those previous two I believe have photos in magazines for instance),She Takes The Cake. Those are all I can think of right now and I know each consider the name copyrighted and/or trademarked. You can check name search through domain searches, internet searches and even trademark office searches with good results. One might think that in this early stage of naming your business that local or state searches are good enough, but hey think big! You may get national attention at some point and who wants a name hassle after you've been in business for a few years! HTH and hope you don't mind the stepping in!

midge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midge Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 1:21am
post #66 of 84

I use Mom's Sweet Confections - I did it for my Mom. She was the person that I made cakes for. She loved cake and she couldn't get one to come out to save her soul. So " Mom's Sweet Confections" Not to catchy, but it has meaning behind it. and once again - people ask and then order!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 1:38am
post #67 of 84

MOMOFJIL-couldn't you use SWEET MOMENTS IN TIME or something like that for your cake business since the wedding dress shop would tie in?

momofjil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momofjil Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 1:30pm
post #68 of 84

Nanni- I love that! We have gone through a good 50 names from friends and family but that one really 'takes the cake!' Thank you!

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 1:52pm
post #69 of 84

I am considering the name "Buttercream Dreams"...doing some research now. Love all the other suggestions I have seen here too! Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 2:02pm
post #70 of 84

Buttercream Dreams...how cute! I love it!

midge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midge Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 5:31pm
post #71 of 84

I have to say that "Sweet Moments in Time" is the winner - that is just adorable and it goes with the other shop!

TraciJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TraciJ Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 6:30pm
post #72 of 84

I wish I were half as creative as you all. I'm so stuck it isn't funny. Each time I come up with something, it's taken! icon_cry.gif

Ah well. You guys have such great ideas!

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 8:08pm
post #73 of 84

my other name i use is "ILL bring the cake!"

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 8:31pm
post #74 of 84

The more I think about it, the more I think I ought to change the name. I've printed a bunch of business cards already though and handed a few out. I like the name "Cakes on the Side" considering I'll be doing cakes as a side business.

nanni Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 8:56pm
post #75 of 84

Ya know, sometimes it takes more than one head to get it straight-how much fun are we having!!! This is great-I am glad Sweet Moments in Time will work for ya-just popped in my head!

pejmo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pejmo3 Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 10:00pm
post #76 of 84

Sence everyone is telling what their bakery names are I want to join. I will be opening the Hummingbird Bakery in like a few weeks. The way I came up with my name is I love hummingbirds and they love sweet flowers and nector, so I put them together. One thing you really need to keep in mind when coming up with your business name is keep it short the longer it is the harder it is to remember. Ya'll wish me luck all I am waiting for now is for my start up capital and then its opening the store. Pray for me and that I get my funding, and for you ladies out there thinking of starting a store front bakery let me give you some advise "be strong, and hold on" its a rough ride loads of stress involved. But one day it will pay off. Atleast I pray it does

nanni Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 10:03pm
post #77 of 84

ALWAYS PRAY!!! It does wonders!!! And the best of luck to all of you with your new endevours!! It takes talent-which you all have, great attitudes-again-which you all have and a wanting to do this with everything you have-which obviously you all have!!! Plus you have a huge CC family backing you up!!!

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 2:05am
post #78 of 84

I am in the same boat as you are. . . trying to come up with a catchy but descriptive name. I like the Cake Addiction or any of the other forms suggested. I've been trying to come up with a catchy name as well. I like this one, "The Dessert Diva". I think its catchy, not too long and covers everything that I would like to do. Any feedback would be appreciated. Good luck with your name and business!

nanni Posted 25 Sep 2005 , 8:14pm
post #79 of 84

Even Desserts...the Diva Way....

MissMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMoore Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 2:36pm
post #80 of 84

I'm not planning on opening a bakery any time soon but I'm always trying to think of a name for the future. "Sugar Shack" popped into my head the other day. You know, like that goofy song

ncnewson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncnewson Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 12:09pm
post #81 of 84

Hi to everyone! Since I am new to this, I am really excited. I just finished my last class a couple of weeks ago. And I LUV This place. Its really nice that everyone helps everyone out. My daughter came up with my name. Dreams & Wishes. She already has her graduation cake planned out for me, when she told me what she wanted i asked her if that was her dream cake and she said no thats my wish, she laughed and said thats your name.So thats how she came up with the name.
hope everyone has a great week.
nancy

stylishbite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stylishbite Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 1:20pm
post #82 of 84

I'm going with name thing myself. My name is Shelly, so it's Sweet Shelly's. It was going to be Stylish Bite. My kids came up with that, but as you said, if doesn't have that ring, it doesn't sound right.
One in my area I also like is, Cake Ladies Dream Shop. My grandma owned a shope for years called Sugar N Spice.

MrsEdwards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsEdwards Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 1:21am
post #83 of 84

I use my initials as part of the name and came up with B.E. Sweet. It works great for me.

eleets_treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eleets_treats Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 10:58am
post #84 of 84

hi to all, i just finished reading all 6 pages of this forum and half way through it i had a really great name but when i got to page 5 you had already chose a name. anyway i thought of "reneesance cakes" the spelling could be played around with. it has a personal touch with your name in it.
i go under the name of "eleets treats" its a play on my name. it takes people a while to figure it out. i have customers who i have baked cakes for for over a year and they still dont realise!!!!!!
anyway, good luck with everything!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%