Name For Cake Business

Business By MainCake Updated 15 Oct 2005 , 10:58am by eleets_treats

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 4:34pm
post #31 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvallee

Whoa! Sorry JennT. When "Confectionately Yours" popped into mind, I thought it was my own idea. But I must have seen your posting and it stuck with me subconsiously. I'm so sorry!! I will not use it. That's why I wanted to post this forum, so I didn't accidentally steal anyone else's name!!

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this....you go right ahead and use Confectionately Yours, if you want...it's not like I have a storefront or anything!! lol But thanks for being so considerate...you're sweet. I think I've changed my mind - AGAIN!! icon_rolleyes.gif I've decided to go with "Sugar Belle - The sweetest things in the South!" icon_razz.gif I might play around with the spelling, like some others here suggested....like Shugga Belle or Sugah Belle, not quite sure yet, but that's what my name will be! Good luck deciding on yours! thumbs_up.gif

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 4:37pm
post #32 of 84

It is hard coming up with a name... I was going to use Franco's Fine Confectionaries but none of my family or friends liked it or said that it was not me so I started playing around with words and it came to me in the shower (of all places)

Yum Yums by Ya Ya

Ya Ya has so many meanings: southern ladies, wonderful ladies, mother, spiritual one, to make something for the rich and famous out of house hold items, etc.... the list goes on and on. Friends loved it and everyone thought it was cute so it has stuck.

Most people just say Yum Yums and of course I can see it branching out to Yum Yums of New Orleans and Yum Yums of Metaire, Yum Yums of Slidell....... hahahaha..... I can dream right!! ??

I am getting the paperwork done right now and waiting for approval on the name and officially start.......

Or as my husband puts it....... "Is the tax write off paper work done yet???" gggrrrrrrrr

Good Luck picking a name!

bj icon_wink.gif

CanCakeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanCakeMom Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 5:10pm
post #33 of 84

LOL i was thinking of names the other day.. and i thought of "Confectionately Yours".. we all have good taste it seems

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 7:22pm
post #34 of 84

mgoodyear05 has the little message at the bottom of her posts that say *Life Is Good"...

How about Life's Little Goodies!

OR R's Sweet Treats

OR Sweets For My Sweet

OR Sweet Addict

OR Sweet Eats and Confections

OR R's House of Sugar

OR Bake Me A Cake

OR Sugar Topped Confections

OR Sugar Rush

OR Can't Buy Me Love...Buy Me Cake!

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 7:28pm
post #35 of 84

Wow! I cannot get over how good you all are. I like "Bake Me a Cake". I also thought about "Cakes on the Side" as it would be my side business. I'm really anxious to see how my little contest at work turns out. I'll keep you all posted! Thanks so much for all your help icon_biggrin.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 7:53pm
post #36 of 84

Is your last name Vallee? You could do a play on your last name like, "Vallee Girl Confections". I'm terrible with creative names. Mine is "Mistycal Sweets" because my name is Misty.

Wandootie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wandootie Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 7:59pm
post #37 of 84

Fancy Pans or Customer Cakes by (your name)

Wandootie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wandootie Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:00pm
post #38 of 84

Sorry, I meant Custom Cakes (not customer cakes). My fingers type faster than my mind thinks...very scary!

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:01pm
post #39 of 84

I like Vallee Girl Confections best out of all the choices. Very clever, Misdawn!

Ali

Misdawn Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:05pm
post #40 of 84

Thank you...Thank you...thank you very much....lol

MainCake Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 8:16pm
post #41 of 84

Yes, Vallee is my last name. I had thought of Vallee Girl Cakes too. I think that one is neat, including my name. I am so opposite of a valley girl, it's not even funny, although I have always been kind of a wannabe...

This is much harder than I thought it would be. I have been offered a ton of awesome suggestions. I might end up putting my favorites into a hat and drawing for one!

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 8:35am
post #42 of 84

How about A piece of cake

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 9:39am
post #43 of 84

LOL...some good ones here

MainCake Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 6:35pm
post #44 of 84

There really are a lot of good ones. This is going to be so hard!

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 6:56pm
post #45 of 84

Mine is Inspired Occasions and then I have a tag line "cakes and More... "

I went through writing down all kinds of words I liked and then looking them up in a thesaurus which helped get more words. Somehow came up with this and I love it. icon_smile.gif

You can look at others names too and get ideas which you are doing but even online.. Like there is the Cakegirls... you could be Sugar girl.

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 7:05pm
post #46 of 84

I came up with my name because every time I would run into people at daycare or grocery stores they would never remember my "real" name. I always got the "Oh your the cake lady!". I tried to use "Cake Lady" but someone is already using it in my area, so I decided to use "The Original Cake Lady". I usually get a lot of positive feedback from it.

Misdawn Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 12:46pm
post #47 of 84

I like Sweet Addictions or Sugar Rush. It kinda makes it sounds like they need to rush right in and get some of your cakes. Know what I mean?

Nermal03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nermal03 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 12:56pm
post #48 of 84

The name I came up with years ago and always loved was "The Goodie Lady" so I could have the slogan "Come and taste my goodies" I always thought it was cute. I planned on using it when I was going to sell all sorts of baked good not just cakes.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:12pm
post #49 of 84

Sugar Rush!! that's my pick....very cool! "Sugar Rush - When you've just gotta have a fix!!" icon_lol.gif

Misdawn Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 6:17pm
post #50 of 84

Sounds perfect to me!

MainCake Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 2:46pm
post #51 of 84

Okay, the contest at my work ended. I received probably 50 or more suggestions. Some were awesome and others were totally off the wall. 20 names made it thru the first cut. Now I've narrowed it down to 9, plus I took one name suggestion for my slogan. Here are the names I narrowed it to:
1. Cakewalk Confectioners
2. Vallee Cake Creations
3. Takes the Cake Bakeshop (I added Bakeshop and the s on takes)
4. Cake Walk Bakeshop (I added Bakeshop)
5. Vallee's Cakery & Bakery (I added & Bakery)
6. Piece of Cake Bakeshop (again, I added Bakeshop)
7. The Icing on the Cake Bakeshop (added Bakeshop, thinking of dropping 'The' at the beginning...)
8. Vallee's Cake Boutique
9. Say it with Cake Bakeshop (guess what? I added the Bakeshop!)

Slogan is: Easy as pie... Better as Cake.

My SIL and I have been talking for a while about going into business together. Neither of us are financially ready to go too far with that right now, but we want to leave the option open for the future. So I discussed the names with her and we are getting together on Sat. morn to develop a sort of business plan. I want to make sure that the name will apply to both of us if she does join me in the future so we do not have to change business names if/when it happens. We want something catchy, but professional, memorable but not cheesy.

I'm taking an informal poll from all you creative experts out there!! What do you all think about the names? Also, how about the slogan? I will be announcing my decision on Tuesday...

melxcloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melxcloud Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 2:58pm
post #52 of 84

You guys have some great ideas!!! When and if I decide to go into business for myself i have some great material to work with. My last name is Sweet. icon_lol.gif

I vote for Icing on the Cake Bakeshop. I think that one is catchy. icon_smile.gif

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 3:01pm
post #53 of 84

Great names!!

I also like Takes the Cake Bakeshop.... seems to roll off your tongue when you say it and is the most memorable one to me.

The slogan is iffy for me...

Have fun deciding!! icon_smile.gif

betycrker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
betycrker Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 3:03pm
post #54 of 84

Whatever you choose make sure you research any variation of it very well before you spend money to make it official. Look in the phonebook, online and check with your state to see if anyone is using any form of the name. Good Luck

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 3:10pm
post #55 of 84

Wow ... hard choice but I really like Takes The Cake. Sometime to consider ... if someone is calling information to try and find a company that makes cakes ... you most definitely want to have the word CAKE in your company name. Unless said customer thinks to ask information to look up BAKERIES in the area. Even then, having the word "Cake" in your name gives you an advantage over someone who has a classy sounding name that doesn't really say what they do.

Also practice answering the phone over and over with the name you are considering. I love the name Custom Cake Creations, but haven't decided yet if it is too much of a mouthful to say over & over icon_smile.gif

MainCake Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 3:12pm
post #56 of 84

I checked the yellow pages for my state (Maine) and there are only 9 listings with Cake in the title, so I guess I'm entering into a virtually untapped market. Yay for me! I also like "Takes the Cake Bakeshop" as does my husband. I agree about it rolling off the tongue. I'm waiting to see what my SIL and BIL think. I also tried a web search for anything with "Takes the Cake" in the title. There were no matches. So again, Yay for me!

I like the slogan. It kind of implies dessert variety, not just cakes, which is the goal for my future bakeshop. There were other options for slogans too:

Any way you slice it (adding ", it's good" or something to that effect)
Just add ice cream
Let them eat cake by Renee (I believe Let them Eat Cake has been used)
Carpe Diem Cake (Sieze the day... with cake)

Misdawn Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:06pm
post #57 of 84

I like "Piece of cake". And I love the slogan!

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:49pm
post #58 of 84

Ideas come from eveywhere. I used to work part time at the Florida Grand Opera and because of my coloring and looks and dramatic flair for cheap but great fashion people would always ask me was I a member of the troupe. ( haahahah..payless, Ross and Marshalls are my favorite stores..lol)

So as a joke I started to answer them...No, I am NOT an OPERA DIVA I am a PASTRY DIVA....so the name stuck...

Every Friday I would bring goodies to the office and a little ole lady ( Bless her heart) had a piece of my cheese cake and closed her eyes and sighed..saying..."This is too good for human consumption"

So, I got my "NAME" and slogan from my customers...

"THE PASTRY DIVA
Almost too good for human consumption"
( I added the "ALMOST" to keep me humble ) lol

I had already come up with a name for my cake business that I no longer use, as everyone down here knows me as the Pastry Diva.

Since I work with a LOT of chef's sometimes they get smirky with me, untill I pull out my portfolio...that shuts them up quick like...lol

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 4:14pm
post #59 of 84

I like Cakes Unlimited. I think it shows people that you can do so much. The variety and ideas are unlimited.

Daniela

MainCake Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 10:01pm
post #60 of 84

Well, It's Official! The name of my new cake decorating biz is 'Takes The Cake Bakeshop'. My SIL and I are going into this together and we both agreed on this name as did our husbands. We also took the slogan "Easy as Pie... Better as cake". We find it very fitting for what our business will be selling.

Anyway, thank you for all your suggestions and the feedback. It is very much appreciated!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%