Tiny Impression Letters?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 5 Jul 2011 , 8:45pm by littlegemscakery

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:48pm
post #271 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Ohhhh I'm so sorry that Linliv and Threemat haven't received their letters yet icon_sad.gif....
I did make the cookies and haven't forgotten to bring them, but my daughter got very sick and ended up in an emergency room yesterday. Thanks God she's ok now icon_smile.gif
I will bring my cookies this afternoon...

Rosie2, hope you daughter is ok today! Can you believe I got my pk today! It was pretty beat up like it had been around the world! I notified them thru Ebay to let them know so maybe I caught them before they mailed another package!
Can't wait to see your pics!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:54pm
post #272 of 296

Rosie2.......so glad your daughter is OK now!! icon_biggrin.gif Looking forward to seeing your cookies!

Linda.............I am soooooooo happy You finally got your Brigitte cutter today!!! The mail service here in the U.S. can leave a lot to be desired at times! I never did think the problem was with the shipping of your cutters, but did suspect a problem of some sort with the USPS!
Are they bent up or damaged? Are you going to be able to use it?

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:25pm
post #273 of 296

Hi Linliv46 and Teekakes...thank you both for your kind thoughts! we found out that my daughter has gullstones icon_sad.gif...she will have surgery to remove them. Honestly thanks God it was only that!...when we were in the ER my mind was thinking all 'sort' of things...ahhh silly me!! icon_redface.gif Ok, thank you for listening and sorry for going off the subject...

I'm happy Linliv got her cutters!!! and BTW my package also arrived, kind of, beat up...
I'm still at work, but I'll come back to show my cookies.

Linliv46 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:28am
post #274 of 296

Ohhh, I love these things! I had some fondant and just had to try it out and I am surprised at how well it works! Have a cake to do for my DD to take Fri to work & I might experiment since they are leaving part of it up too me! Exactly what I was waiting on! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:50am
post #275 of 296

Rosie2.............Those gallstones can cause unbelievable pain and I am sorry your daughter has these! My oldest daughter had them and consequently they had to remove her gallbladder. It was a fast surgery and she felt better coming out of the surgery than before she went in! thumbs_up.gif I brought her home the same day she had the surgery too. She only missed 3 days of work! thumbs_up.gif I'll say a prayer for you and your dd......do let us know how she does.

Linda............aren't they fun! So glad you have a cake to do and can do some of it any way you want to! Stamp away!! icon_lol.gif

Rosie2 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:38am
post #276 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Rosie2.............Those gallstones can cause unbelievable pain and I am sorry your daughter has these! My oldest daughter had them and consequently they had to remove her gallbladder. It was a fast surgery and she felt better coming out of the surgery than before she went in! thumbs_up.gif I brought her home the same day she had the surgery too. She only missed 3 days of work! thumbs_up.gif I'll say a prayer for you and your dd......do let us know how she does.

Linda............aren't they fun! So glad you have a cake to do and can do some of it any way you want to! Stamp away!! icon_lol.gif

Ahhh, thank you so much dear Teekakes! and OMG she was in so much pain that I was afraid there was something very wrong with her!! but, I will definitelly pass this on to her because she's terrified with the thought of surgery icon_sad.gif

Anyway, here are the cookies I made for the two weddings...I made about 20 cookies for each and I put them in those cute boxes I found at Joannes...I added some of that shredded red/white paper and stickers on top of the box. And I'm sorry that the pictures don't show the print really well, but believe me, in person you can read the messages...I put their names and the date of their wedding...so, far both the brides loved the cookies so much that they haven't eat them yet thumbs_up.gif
Has anyone tried to put color/dye in the letters to print in different colors? I totally forgot to try that...
LL
LL
LL

Linliv46 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:33am
post #277 of 296

Ohhh I love your cookies! I tried to upload my cake but it wont so I will try here. Ya can't see on the cake but I printed the guys name on each of the big dots!
LL
LL

iheartcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartcookies Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:37am
post #278 of 296

wondering if anyone has tried these on royal icing yet? I just ordered a set and would love to know! thanks

Teekakes Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:09am
post #279 of 296

Rosie....Your cookies are gorgeous!!!!

Linda.........that cake is awesome! The way you stamped his name on the circles is really neat!

asimpson2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asimpson2 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 4:30am
post #280 of 296

thank you for the link to the impression set, I just bought one icon_smile.gif

Rosie2 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:49am
post #281 of 296

Linliv, I LOVE your cake! the name on the dotes is such a cool idea!! thumbs_up.gif
Teekakes, thank you! I had fun doing them icon_smile.gif
Coll1114, I totally forgot to try royal icing when I was making the cookies, but I think it's possible...you would probably have to stamp the letters after royal icing dries a little but not completely.
Good luck!

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:27pm
post #282 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by coll1114

wondering if anyone has tried these on royal icing yet? I just ordered a set and would love to know! thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I'm will be trying this over the weekend, & will let you know how it works.

Rosie2 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:53am
post #283 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by threematbros

Quote:
Originally Posted by coll1114

I was wondering the same thing. I'm will be trying this over the weekend, & will let you know how it works.

Don't forget to 'show and tell' please icon_smile.gif
I haven't had time to practice, but soon I'll be making cookies for a co-worker's retirement party....I'll bring them soon.

Linliv46 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 9:07pm
post #284 of 296

Well, I just have to show off my cookies I made today with my tiny letters! These are just some practice cookies!
For a "princess birthday" later on!
LL

Teekakes Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:03pm
post #285 of 296

Linda, these are adorble! Great job and don't you just love those stamps!! thumbs_up.gif

Rosie2 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 11:34pm
post #286 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linliv46

Well, I just have to show off my cookies I made today with my tiny letters! These are just some practice cookies!
For a "princess birthday" later on!

Linda, those are beautiful!! I love your cookies thumbs_up.gif your impression letters really stand out...did you notice mine looked so light. Maybe I was afraid to press too hard on the cookie for fear of breaking it icon_rolleyes.gif

NikiBeautiful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikiBeautiful Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:59am
post #287 of 296

Hi there ladies. I think that the leather craft alphabet punches would work. What do you think?

Linliv46 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:38am
post #288 of 296

Thanks Teekakes & Rosie for the nice comments! They were so much fun! I think you have to use quite a bit of pressure on the stamper but if you use too much you will get a line from the holder. Also. I tried to roll my fondant as thin as possible.
NikiBeautiful --I have never seen the leather stamps--- I would like to have a "bigger letters" set of these!

Rosie2 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm
post #289 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linliv46

-- I would like to have a "bigger letters" set of these!

Ditto!!

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:05pm
post #290 of 296

I like this set, but I did not realize how small the letters were going to be.

I would like a bigger set also - so if anyone knows of some, please share.

NikiBeautiful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikiBeautiful Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:42am
post #291 of 296

Linliv46- My brother works with leather--only reason I thought about these, they come in various sizes and sell on eBay. Hope this helps.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 1:01am
post #292 of 296

Good grief I was wondering what happened to this thread... I haven't received an email notice in over a week! icon_cry.gif

littlegemscakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlegemscakery Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 8:12pm
post #293 of 296

I have found somewhere else that does the lettering a bit different but has a couple of different styles!!

http://www.purplecupcakes.co.uk/ourshop/cat_396128-Cupcake-Letters-Numbers.html

Here's the link, i've just ordered mine, the first ones in the line, will let you know what they are like as soon as i get them!! x

Linliv46 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 3:15pm
post #294 of 296

I ordered them to! Let us know how they work!

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 5:04pm
post #295 of 296

Wow this is an old thread icon_surprised.gif I almost read every page. AND I almost ordered those letters from the German store. But I think they are a little too small for me. Thought I'd share some cute impressions I found at Hobby Lobby. I found these in the clay area. They're plastic. I really like the font.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1851249/1851254

Here's another set of letters I found at Hobby Lobby in the clay section:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1865948/1865962

I think I may order this set. I really like the font on this

http://www.purplecupcakes.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1310605-Embossing-Letters-and-Numbers-Large.html

Thanks littlegemscakery for posting. icon_biggrin.gif

littlegemscakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlegemscakery Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 8:45pm
post #296 of 296

Thats the one i bought from Purple cupcakes!! They're great, just goimg to have a look at the other sets! x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%