How The Heck Do You Cut A Barbie Cake?

Decorating By phoufer Updated 18 Jan 2009 , 2:37am by kansaswolf

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:51am
post #1 of 10

I just finished a huge Barbie Cake. 2 X 8"" stacked then wonder mold on top. I put each cake on their own board to make it easier to cut, but didn't think of the fact that it is covered in fondant. How should I tell the customer to go about cutting this cake? She needed to feed about 35 ppl thats why it is so tall. Help please any ideas on cutting?

9 replies
phoufer Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 10

Can anyone help me?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 10

No clue....but your post is on the front page, so someone helpful should see it!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 10

I would make a vertical cut until the knife stops on a board. Go over an inch or so and make a parallel cut. Then cut it horizontally about half way down the vertical cuts. Then cut it at the board and continue all the way around the doll. Once that part is gone you can lift off that circle and cut the next layer the same way. Does that make sense?

phoufer Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 10

yes it does. thank you, I was thinking so hard about it I couldn't figure it out.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 1:34am
post #6 of 10

I do the vertical cuts on tall cakes, too, "feeling" for the board and then run the knife around under the cake boards to separate and move to another plate.

phoufer Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 1:40am
post #7 of 10

thank you all for your help. The cake was picked up about 10 minutes before I had any replies. The cake was for a guys 30th birthday and it was at a bar. Maybe by the time they cut the cake it won't matter how they cut it! I'll know what to tell them next time I have a tall cake.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:18am
post #8 of 10

icon_confused.gif Barbie cake for 30YO man? Lucy...you got some 'splainin' to do...

phoufer Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:34am
post #9 of 10

lol I was told it was a joke ( at least I hope so) my son and DIL were attending the party so will get the details from them tomorrow.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:37am
post #10 of 10

icon_confused.gif

THIS I gotta hear... icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%