This Thing's Going To Crack!!!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 13

I'm trying to mount my royal icing tiara onto the top of a birthday cake for my friend's little 3-year-old girl, but I'm freaking out a little bit ... it's already cracked in a couple of places, which I'm okay with fixing, and overall it's fairly solid. But how in the world will they transport this thing to their party tomorrow?!?! If I apply royal icing to the base as securely as possible, will that hold? ARGH!!! They're coming to get it in a few hours, and I don't wasnt it to fall apart on them!!!

12 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 13

can you trace another layer of RI on the backside of the tiara to strengthen it?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 13

I agree w/her ^^^^ icon_smile.gif
If nothing else melt some white choco and brush it all over the back?

emiyeric Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 13

Yes, I've traced another layer of RI on the back, and overall it looks good. I'm just afraid of how long it will last. Darn it, the white choloate would have been a great idea! A little late now, my friend's coming over withher sister to pick it up very very soon ... I'll let you know how it all goes. Thanks for your help!

-Emi.

emiyeric Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:16am
post #5 of 13

Okay, here's the completed picture. The stinking tiara had cracked, so when I put it back together, it wasn't perfectly aligned with the cake, so the end result was a bit off-center ... oh, well. At least my friend called me and told me it had made it to her house all in one piece. It's all good! icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1302249

-Emi.

ECSCOOKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ECSCOOKS Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:01am
post #6 of 13

very cool - beautiful cake!! cant see at all where the tiara cracked. i like the layout of the pic.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:22am
post #7 of 13

Your friend is very fortunate to have a friend like you who is so talented. Beautiful cake!

emiyeric Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:42am
post #8 of 13

Thanks so much! Ecscooks, my wonderful hubby did the layout for me ... I'm absolutely computer-illiterate (as you can tell from the complete lack of formatting with the little princesses I posted just now in my pics as well, heehee). Thanks for your sweet comments!

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:49am
post #9 of 13

beautiful job!

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:59am
post #10 of 13

Nicely done.
Looks good to me.. I'm sure it went over as a big hit.

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:11am
post #11 of 13

I saw that cake before I saw this posting, and loved it. I have to make a cake for my 2yr old niece this wknd and was looking at the tiara for inspiration.

inspireddecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspireddecorator Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:15am
post #12 of 13

Your cake looks fabulous. Your teira looks great as well. I know those darn things are so fragile. I usually trace it 2 or 3 times as well for a stronger structure, but I have had a few that were in need of repair. My heart usually beats like a rabbit when I am putting it on the cake.

Great Cake.

emiyeric Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm
post #13 of 13

Thank you for the great notes! Inspireddecorator, that's a gorgeous tiara in your avatar! We're actually on our way back from the party right now, and the birthday princess loved her cake. Altogether, I was happy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%