Rolled Buttercream Question

Baking By kerik Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 12:37am by kerik

kerik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerik Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 7:27am
post #1 of 5

I want to try the rolled buttercream recipie for an upcoming cake & wanted to know if the orange oil & lemon oil are essential to the recipe or are they more for the flavor. The cake store that might have it is a 45 min drive & I'd like to avoid getting it if it's not essential to the texture/consistency.

4 replies
Cassandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassandie Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:33am
post #2 of 5

I've seen the recipe without it, so I doubt it is essential! Good luck!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:51am
post #3 of 5

Welcome?! to cc.
I always get amused when I see posts from "newbies" that have be on here 1 to 3 years like you two girls. There should be a lurker catagory.
Welcome.

Jibbies

coopette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coopette Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:31am
post #4 of 5

I am a newbie & I'm also a "lurker" . I found this site while trying to get all the information I could to help with a wedding cake I was going to make for my DD wedding this past Oct. I found everything I needed to know on this site & was amazed that there were professionals out there that would share their talents with us wannabes'. I don't show very many posts in my box because I feel I really don't qualify to offer a whole lot of help. I have 12 grandchildren that love cake, cupcakes & cookies & I'm always looking for ways to make them more special for them. So I hope it's okay for me to lurk on this site, cause I really love reading what all you professionals have to offer. I have experimented with many things I knew nothing about just to see if a normal person could do it. All the things I've attempted have turned out pretty good if I may say so myself. So please keep offering your assistance to us newbies who knows one of these days we might have a little something to offer to a newbie. Oh I DHAC how to place a photo on this site but just to pat myself on the back my DD's wedding cake turn out beautiful, thanks to all of you who so graciously offer your secrets.

kerik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerik Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 12:37am
post #5 of 5

I'm sure there are many more lurkers than people realize. I, for one, learn by lurking & observing others' successes & failures. Because I only do this as a hobby, I don't feel I have as much to offer. I will say, however, that the posts, instructions, etc. found on this site has helped me pull off some very nice cakes for my friends/family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%