I Need Help W/ This Cake!

Decorating By shell62995 Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 3:26pm by shell62995

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 5

I'm going to make a 2 tier 3layer cake for a 3 yr old. I bought a rotator motor to put in the top layer for an airplane to 'fly' around the cake. here are my questions. He LOVES motorcycles. so on top of the 1st tier I will put motorcycles instead of cars. But how to I make motorcycles?They look hard! I'm thinking I might just buy plastic ones. I really dont like uneditables on cake thou. But the airplane might be too heavy if I make that out of fondant. so I dont know how to handle that either. I know the mom would be cool w/ store bought toys. She knows I have an order for another cake on the same day, Plus she ordered more cupcakes for a school party a few days before that so she knows I super busy. Can I cut out the fondant pieces that go on the side of the cake now? They will tress, clouds, ect. you know what goes on the transportation cakes. what do you think? Thanks and sorry so long. I was up last night trying to figure out how to handle this.

4 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 5

You say you are putting a motorcycle and a plane on the top tier? Sounds a bit crowded to me. To make it simpler for you, have landscape scenery around the bottom tier...trees, grass, a toy motorcycle, digging up some dirt with it's tires...then transition to the top tier with the tops of your trees continuing to the top, then put clouds, a few birds, and your plane rotating around. Clouds on top...maybe the boy's name. I don't know when your cake is due, so I can't tell you when to start cutting your fondant.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 5

Use RiceKrispies for the body of either the plane or the motorcycle. Now, the "how to", sorry... BUMP

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 5

you could use RKT for the plane, it would be lighter. Good luck with the motorcycles.keep in mind he is 3 so it doesn't have to be a model of a motorcycle, just to resemble one, you are talented, I am sure you can do it

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 5

Oh sorry, the train will be on the cake board. The the motorcycle on the next layer, the the airplane is the topper. The cake will be due on the 7th.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%