I'm Such A Coward....somebody Kick Me In The Pants!

Lounge By karateka Updated 18 Jan 2009 , 2:39pm by karateka

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:45am
post #1 of 13

Ok..... this is embarrassing, but I'm getting irritated with myself and I need someone to kick my butt into gear.

I decided last year that I was entering the OSSAS grand national wedding competition. Then I decided against it. THen for it again. Then I drew and tore up about 10 sketches. Then talked myself out of it.

I was back on again until the MBN came out with pictures of the winners and now I'm getting that pit in my stomach again and want to drop out. I'm driving my DH starkers. My daughter is rolling her eyes at me. I'm embarrassed, but I am such a coward!!! icon_redface.gif I liken it to playing clarinet while Benny Goodman listens. Scary. icon_cry.gif

Somebody should scold me and tell me that one never learns anything by taking the easy road and watching the competition. OK???? Anybody? Because I'm obviously not listening to my DH.

(And, hint hint hint...maybe somebody out there is feeling the same amount of trepidation I am??? Hopefully??? anybody?)

12 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:51am
post #2 of 13

Girl, if I made cakes like yours, I'd be entering every competition in the country! That black and white with the green flowers...OMG icon_eek.gif! Wasn't that entered in a competition? I'll have to go look....

And, I do know how you feel. I found out today that there's a cake competition in Austin in Feb. and I kinda want to enter, but kinda don't.

ETA: Okay, it was made in a class, but STILL...that cake could easily have been entered into competition and placed.

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:45am
post #3 of 13

Hi karateka ~ I'm not good at kickin' butts and scolding, but I do truly feel that you should enter the competition. I just looked at your photos and, while I am not a "pro" or anything, I feel your work is beautiful and your techniques are varied and well executed.

Of course it can be daunting, knowing who and what you're up against, but you have to believe in yourself. You deserve to be there, just like the others. I say "Go for it!" thumbs_up.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:53am
post #4 of 13

Here's your kick in the pants.

Now go enter and stop fussing! icon_rolleyes.gif
LL

karateka Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:03pm
post #5 of 13

That's great, Antonia!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Where did you find that???

Thanks, people....I needed that. I'll get out the colored pencils and draw today. And I probably should quit looking at pictures from the show.

Hopefully I will get to meet some of you there????

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:54am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

That's great, Antonia!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Where did you find that???

What in the world did I do before discovering Google Images??!! icon_lol.gif

karateka Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:13am
post #7 of 13

I'm with ya....I love Google.

My thanks all of you..... after shamelessly venting my cowardice on the CC forums I was able to focus, and finally came up with an idea I can get behind.

So I know it's weird, but it helped to vent that to you guys....Thanks!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:24am
post #8 of 13

here's a huge swift kick in the butt....now I'm running for my life because you know karate and are in good physical shape.

karateka Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:40am
post #9 of 13

Thanks for that!!! icon_lol.gif But you're probably safe....I'm getting slow in my old age (hit 40 last month! Oh, how it hurts!) icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:53am
post #10 of 13

Did you forget I've met you and I know what physical shape your in? icon_lol.gif
I believe running would be in order.

Congrats on hitting 40. I swear you look no older than 34!!!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:48am
post #11 of 13

Are you INSANE?? Enter, you fool!! thumbs_up.gif

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:30pm
post #12 of 13

You have NO choice but to enter now.... And then to let us ALL know how you did! icon_biggrin.gif Even Benny Goodman had to start somewhere! thumbs_up.gif

karateka Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:39pm
post #13 of 13

Ok.....I promise.....I will start on my entry this week. Even if it's just covering some dummies. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%