Pink & Brown Ladybug Cake Ideas...

Decorating By andpotts Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 2:28pm by cakebaker1978

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all, I've been brainstorming and sketching like crazy, but I could use some other ideas for a first birthday ladybug cake for my friend. I was thinking of using the sports ball pan, but I need help on how to make the pink and brown lady, and then making a bunch of cupcakes that look like flowers to surround it. Hmm I'm just a little stuck so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 4

Here is a cute idea....you would have to change the colors but it might work!
I did one like this in my photos....the mouth was a little smudged when my friend took it out of the box but it still turned out really good and it was pretty easy to do!
LL

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 7:26am
post #3 of 4

Cute, Cute, Cute! That is exactly what I was thinking of Cakebaker, except I'm not ready to venture into fondant yet icon_smile.gif I was also thinking I could make a second lady out of the other half of the ball pan for the smash cake. I just really hope my ladybugs come out cute and not looking like they got sprayed with Raid icon_cry.gif Thanks for the post!

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 4

Great! Glad the picture gave you some ideas! I think you should try MMF it is really easy! Especially for this cake it isn't too tough! HEre is an easy recipe if you change your mind, This was only the second time I tried fondant for this cake! it is just about rolling it out and cutting into pieces! I used a bowl similar to the size of the ball pan to cut out the wings and then cut it in half! I always color the MMF when it is in the soupy melted stage before I add the icing sugar. I also use my kitchen aid to mix it instead of the counter mess thing! Good luck!!!

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%