Need Help With Business Name

Business By QueenOfSweets Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 11:50am by USMCWifePena

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 22

After many months of doing cakes for my work, husband's work, family, friends, and anyone else I can think of, I've started to get inquiries for paid cake orders. So, I want to get my act together so that everything looks very professional. With the fantastic information here on Cake Central, I've done research about my state and local laws and have confirmed that I am legal to bake out of my home as long as the cakes don't have to be refrigerated (I'm in Iowa). I'm working on my cake order form and contract. I just need to come up with an official business name - and that's where I need your help! I want to do something along the lines of royalty, princesses, queens, etc. A friend I did a cake for mentioned the phrase "Royal Treatment" - my sister then suggested Royal Treatment Sweets since I've been doing cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and other goodies. I've put together the attached logo with this name. I really like the logo but am just not sure about the name. Any feedback on this name or additional suggestions????? Thanks in advance for your help!!
LL

21 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 22

I like it, both the name and the logo. Good luck!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 22

I love the logo! I'm thinking it's a bit long though.. what about Royal Sweets?

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 22

how about ~Queen of Sweets~

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 22

I love the logo! Here are some ideas for the name if you're not happy with "Royal Treatment Sweets"...

Regal Sweets

Majestic Sweets

Imperial Sweets

Sovereign Sweets

Noble Sweets

Monarch Sweets

Emperor Sweets

kissylips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissylips Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 22

LOVE the logo! icon_eek.gif Great job! Like the name too!

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:48am
post #7 of 22

How cute is that logo! I love it~ whatever you decide, that logo is a keeper. thumbs_up.gif

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:07pm
post #8 of 22

I like the logo too but name is too long. what about:

queen of cakes
the royal cakery
the sweet treat

good luck

QueenOfSweets Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:04pm
post #9 of 22

Thanks to all of you for your feedback and GREAT suggestions. I agree with you - the reason I haven't gone with the name Royal Treatment Sweets is because it seemed kind of long to me.

I LOVE The Royal Cakery suggestion, but did a search and there's a business in Louisiana with that name. I looked up The Royal Bakery too, and there's one of those. Ditto for Queen of Cakes and Queen of Sweets.

How do all of you feel about having the same name as a business in another state? I definitely wouldn't want the same name as another Iowa business, but didn't know about a state that's nowhere close to me.

OH! Another idea just came to me - What about The Queen's Cakery? "The Queen" could refer to either me (my husband says I think I'm a queen icon_biggrin.gif ) or the clients. What bride doesn't want to feel like a queen on her big day?

I definitely still like The Royal Cakery best.

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:16pm
post #10 of 22

i like the royal cakery the best too but not sure if it matters that someone else has it. You would have to contact your state small business admin. to see if that's a problem. what if you mofified like"

La Royal Cakery
Royal Cakery ( instead of The Royal Cakery)
(your name)' s Royal Cakery
Royale Cakery
Cakery Royale

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:17pm
post #11 of 22

That logo is wonderful!! How did you come up with it? Did you sketch it yourself?

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:33pm
post #12 of 22

I agree, your logo is awesome. When choosing a logo, you should always keep in mind that for letterhead, advertising, etc. it should look just as great in black and white as it does in color. Yours definitely does. icon_smile.gif Other suggestions for name, though I like most of the ones already posted:
Regal Cakes, The Crowned Cakery, or darn! I just forgot the other one. LOL Best wishes to you!

Happy Baking,
Beth

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:51pm
post #13 of 22

Royal Sweet Treats

MicheleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicheleH Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:07pm
post #14 of 22

Hello fellow Iowan! Where about are you located in Iowa?
Your logo looks great! I love the crown on the top. As for having the same name as another baker in another state, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you plan on getting as big as, say, Duff at Charm City Cakes. icon_biggrin.gif

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:20pm
post #15 of 22

Cute logo icon_smile.gif

I personally don't care for the font you have chosen... to me it does not say "Royal." And it looks pretty generic. It is not a bad choice, i just think you could find something better icon_smile.gif
Try looking at free font sites ( fontspace . com) you can type in your business name and preview before you download (installing fonts is really easy icon_smile.gif )

Try saying the names out loud, like how you want to answer a phone, "Royal Treatment Sweets, This is Iowa, how may I help you..." sounds kinda long.

I like the sweets part of the name, especially if you dont mind making cupcakes, cookies and other things icon_smile.gif

Also, you can come up with a slogan to include treatment.... perhaps: Royal Sweets--Service and Flavor that is fit for a Queen/King/Royalty... ?

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:38pm
post #16 of 22

I too love your logo and choosing a name is so difficult!! I agree that shorter would be better!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:32pm
post #17 of 22

I love The Queen's Cakery!

QueenOfSweets Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:49pm
post #18 of 22

First of all, I just want to say that all of you are THE BEST! You've given me so many good ideas and things to think about.

The more I hear it, the more I personally like The Queen's Cakery. My family always teases me that I'm the Queen of Everything (my sister is the Princess of Quitealot icon_smile.gif ) so it just seems to fit. I've revised the logo with the new words just to see what it looks like. What do you guys think?

As for a tag line, I thought about The Queen's Cakery - Give your guests the Royal Treatment. That way, I'd incorporate the Royal Treatment in there, but the business name would still be shorter. Thoughts????

To answer a previous question, I purchased the cake part and the crown part of the logo separately in black and white from graphic designers I know. (I made sure that these are royalty-free.) I then used my Paint program to combine the two and add the colors and text.
LL

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 10:19pm
post #19 of 22

I like where its going. The font works better with TQC icon_smile.gif

good luck.

kissylips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissylips Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:28pm
post #20 of 22

I like The Queen's Cakery with your new tag line. It's all coming together for you!

QueenOfSweets Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:07pm
post #21 of 22

I think we have a winner! Thanks a BUNCH everybody!

USMCWifePena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMCWifePena Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:50am
post #22 of 22

You could switch it around a little bit and call it
Royally Treated Sweets
or
The Crowned Cakery

Queen for a Day Cakes

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%