Need Tips, Pointers, And Ideas For Cake Demo

Decorating By allycook Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 1:39am by Price

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:22am
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to do a 15 minute demo on cake decorating. What would you demonstrate? I am trying to come at this from the angle of showing them things that they could do easily at home. Which techniques do you think fit this? Should I have another cake already complete to show the final look? This is a first for me so I have mixed feelings.

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 3

A couple of questions. Is this demonstration for experienced cake decorators? People who have taken classes but are still learning? Or for people who have absolutely no cake knowledge/limited knowledge?

Here's my suggestion if it's for people who have no cake knowledge/limited knowledge.

First --does it have to be a cake? What if you did a cupcake like your avatar picture? You could demo how to color the fondant, show them how to fill the cupcake, how to put the frosting on the top, how to cut the fondant out and then attach to the cupcake. And then you could show them how to decorate the fondant part of the cupcake so that it looks super cute.

To me, that is something that someone could at home for sure.

Hope this helps!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:39am
post #3 of 3

Maybe you could demonstrate decorating cupcakes. You could use starburst or tootsie rolls. Roll them out, cut them with small flower cutters, shape a little bit, arrange them on cupcake and waalaa. Decorated cupcakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%