Chocolate Clay-How Can I Make It Black?
Decorating By prettysweet Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 10:14pm by melysa
A friend just requested that I make a cake for a DJ's birthday this weekend. I'm going to need black and silver for the turntables, microphone, disc and I don't have time to order black satin ice fondant. I have never even used satin ice and usually make mm fondant but I've never tried black and I'm afraid the amount of black coloring I would have to use would produce a lousy taste.. I was wondering if I could somehow use chocolate clay and make it black without a bad taste. I'm at a loss as to how to accomplish this job. This friend is trying to get me some business and I don't want to disappoint her. I had to refuse her last order because of illness. I would appreciate any suggestions Thanks for any help.
I've added black Wilton gel to my chocolate clay without any problems and I think it still tastes good, like fudge ![]()
Quote by @%username% on %date%
%body%