American Idol '09 Thread

Lounge By michellenj Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm by cakemomof3

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #31 of 449

Several of them have already been signed and made records, actually. Yesterday I was reading an article (on Yahoo or something) about how many of them have already had their chance. One of them had like 5 songs on a movie soundtrack. Probably the girl with black hair that was so good. I'll try to find it and post the link.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:35pm
post #32 of 449

So what's everyone's take on all that? Do you think they should get a chance to compete on AI if they've already been signed? I'm on the fence, but my gut tells me that maybe that should disqualify them...don't really know why I think that....just thinking out loud.

michellenj Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:46pm
post #33 of 449

I'm not sure how I feel about that. My gut says that they had their chance, but I could probably be convinced otherwise.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:59pm
post #34 of 449

For them to find the best singers year after year, who are complete amateurs, with no experience at all, might be difficult...so I'm ok with contestants who have been signed before or who have had other professional type gigs, as long as they haven't become well known in the process.

It's true they've had their chance, but I think the business is so brutal and unfair, alot of talented people don't get heard, and alot of manufactured singers become household names.

I think they deserve a second chance if they can actually sing.

FlourPots Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:31pm
post #35 of 449

What the h*ll happend with that girl Anne Marie? I watched it twice and still can't figure out why they wanted her to leave and come back as a "star"??
It made no sense...she WAS dressed down, but alot of people go in there looking much worse...she reminded me of Katherine McPhee actually, and her voice was the best of anyone shown.

I felt bad for the guy with the guitar...he was really hurt.

jammjenks Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:36pm
post #36 of 449

I wondered who else watched it last night. I missed the first 20 minutes because of a tasting appointment. I thought Anne Marie was awesome! I loved her before they made her change her image, although I couldn't tell much was changed. I felt sorry for guitar guy too. He was pretty good in alternative music, but I don't think he would've gone far in the competition. I liked the 16 year old with all the older siblings too. She was really good and I loved how her sisters loved her so much.

You can't forget to mention the bearded guy. OMGosh...I almost got a hernia trying not to laugh at him. Dear sweet Lord, that guy was awful. You need a great voice and a good personality to make it on AI and he had neither.

FlourPots Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:48pm
post #37 of 449

LOL, yes, the physics guy! His heavy beard made him look alot older than 18!! He was sooo bad.

I also liked the adoring older sisters, that 16 year old is really blessed.

michellenj Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm
post #38 of 449

The girl they made go change her makeup, etc. could have been Kara's little sister. They looked so much alike to me.

How about the girl who brought her friend in to sit on Randy's lap.

Can't wait to see what happens in Hollywood.

FlourPots Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:50pm
post #39 of 449

I thought the girl who brought her friend in was going to knock it out of the park, choosing a song like "Lovin'You". She was awful!

As for last night...I liked the Osmond guy, his dad made me cry, didn't like his song choice though.

LOVED Rose (who lost both her parents), but wasn't blown away by her voice...I wanted her to be great after hearing what she's been through.

Simon was in a good mood, wasn't he?

michellenj Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:02pm
post #40 of 449

Rose was the hippie girl at the end? Her face was beautiful, but her hair made it very hard to see her face. Definitely a different kind of voice.

The Osmond kid was good. Doesn't it seem like people would know by now not to use songs that are originally sung by bands.

I thought the girl with the baby firl and the tattooed arm was good, too.

FlourPots Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:16pm
post #41 of 449

I agree, the tat mom was great...really pretty too.

Rose should've worn shoes...her feet looked filthy. Simple flip-flops would have gone with her whole look.

Speaking of looks! How about the chubette in the garter and stockings...she looked really inappropriate.

jammjenks Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:29pm
post #42 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Speaking of looks! How about the chubette in the garter and stockings...she looked really inappropriate.

Hey...that was me! Did I forget to tell you I auditioned and didn't make it? icon_lol.gif

FlourPots Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:38pm
post #43 of 449

icon_redface.gif Did I say chubette in garter & stockings? I meant the hottie!!

LOL icon_lol.gif

jammjenks Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:40pm
post #44 of 449
Quote:

icon_redface.gif Did I say chubette in garter & stockings? I meant the hottie!!

LOL icon_lol.gif

That's more like it!

FlourPots Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:50pm
post #45 of 449

LOL...I stand corrected.

michellenj Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:30am
post #46 of 449

The people in PR are off to a good start tonight. Had to switch to Spongebob for a few minutes, be back soon.

jammjenks Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:55am
post #47 of 449

Dang it! I was at a baby shower then a Pampered Chef party so I missed the whole thing.

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:29am
post #48 of 449

Tonight wasn't that exciting! 4 judges seem to be an overkill and also, it's not fair that Randy and Simon sends some girls thru because of their looks!!! They can't sing worth a hoot!

I can't wait til next week!

Chippi icon_smile.gif

FlourPots Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:13pm
post #49 of 449

The guy with the giant ipod prop was so unfunny, and surely must be very annoying to those around him on a daily basis.

I can't believe they had reservations about the last girl, she was sooo good, to me. She got the ticket, but they weren't convinced at all.

So glad the auditions are over!

Oh, how about Glitter Girl...she returned with a new look and supposed new attitude, and ended up flipping Simon off again, LOL.

Chippi Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:24pm
post #50 of 449

I felt the say way about the last girl too! They let some real goofballs in there yet they could not hear how good she sounded. AND THERE'S 4 JUDGES NOW......maybe they need more???? lol

Yea glitter girl still remains weird and RUDE as usual. She's just using her rudeness to get back on the show. Geeez come on AI!

Cannot wait til they weed out again!

michellenj Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #51 of 449

UGH, glitter girl. Why waste any time on her at all?

FlourPots Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:45pm
post #52 of 449

I know! I would've preferred to see someone who made it through.

I hate when they show a collection of ticket holders running out, but they haven't showed their audition, so you get to see them (& their families) celebrating, but you have no clue what went on in the judging room. Were they good, great, did they beg??

jammjenks Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 1:39pm
post #53 of 449

OK - so who watched it last night? I am SOOOOO ready for bikini girl to get her one-way ticket back home. There are others on there that are WAY prettier than her, but it has become such a stupid bit with Randy and Simon that I could gag.

There were a few others that should go too. The guy that dresses up nerdy should be a comedian on America's Got Talent or something. He should've gotten the boot last night.

FlourPots Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:12pm
post #54 of 449

I agree with both your comments...bikini girl thinks too highly of herself...she needs to go away already! The doofus in the headband should follow!

I'm glad Rose (the no shoe wearin' hippy) did well. She looked knocked up to me, I wonder if she is?

The guy who begged his way through at the auditions, then dissed Simon's clothes when he got cut, needs to take lessons on a classy exit from the girl who asked for a second chance and was denied.

I love the guy from P.R. with the curly black hair, his voice was great.

jammjenks Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:39pm
post #55 of 449
Quote:

The guy who begged his way through at the auditions, then dissed Simon's clothes when he got cut, needs to take lessons on a classy exit from the girl who asked for a second chance and was denied.

Excellent point. I couldn't agree more.

Chippi Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:14pm
post #56 of 449

I missed it icon_sad.gif

michellenj Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:47pm
post #57 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Quote:

Excellent point. I couldn't agree more.

My dh said that he's really showing potential future employers how he'll deal with rejection and stress.

I think they should've given "Norman Gentle" the headband freak the boot and kept the FBI girl instead. Her voice was better, IMO.

The guy from Puerto Rico is excellent. I'll be shocked if he doesn't make it pretty far.

Bikini girl is getting old. She needs to give up the sexy thing and just be a singer.

FlourPots Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:54pm
post #58 of 449

FBI girl? Which one was she?

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:30pm
post #59 of 449

many of the guys sounded fabulous. I liked the black guy with the short fro, the guy whose wife died and his friend. I love that Seal song.

Weird headband man needs to go. Second chance girl deserved it more than him. Although, she left gracefully, I'm not a fan of the begging. The "it's my cousin's birthday" was too much.

FlourPots Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:25pm
post #60 of 449

I really like the two friends also....normally one isn't as good as the other...but in this case, they're both amazing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%