American Idol '09 Thread

Lounge By michellenj Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm by cakemomof3

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:10pm
post #121 of 449

I'm glad Tatiana didn't make it. All she is is a drama queen. The way she acted when the announced Danny's name and while he was singing I thought was very rude and childish. I hope to god the judges don't pick her for the wildcard.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:20pm
post #122 of 449

I'm glad Danny made it..I think he has star quality..I have to admit I was a bit surprised that I actually liked Tatiana singing..I mean she can sing...but the Drama is ridiculous and childish but I guess that sells too!! I am glad to see Alexis made it because she deserved to be there by her performance.I 'm not sure sure Michael should be there though..I mean he's cute and everything and totally reminds me of my highschool sweetheart in looks and personality but his singing was not that great so he'd better come up with something more next week or I think he will be voted off!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:17pm
post #123 of 449

It's funny, I thought Tatiana showed great restraint....considering how she's acted previously, I expected a whole lot more crying and drama.
It wasn't an accident that she was saved for last with only 1 spot open. The producers were hoping she would go off.
You can't really blame them though, she presented herself in a certain light from day one.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 12:49am
post #124 of 449

I think someone gave Tatiana some valium. Even her laugh was different. But you could see the crazy girl just under the surface.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:32am
post #125 of 449

You can tone down the crazy...but it's still there lurking under the surface. I'd put money (if I had any) on Tatiana being a wildcard. They need a Sanjaya for this year ya know. icon_wink.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #126 of 449

I hope they bring back Anoop Desai as one of the wild cards.

FlourPots Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:48pm
post #127 of 449

Or Anne Marie.

michellenj Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 12:50am
post #128 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

I think someone gave Tatiana some valium. Even her laugh was different. But you could see the crazy girl just under the surface.

I think that you might be onto something here, seriously.

michellenj Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:20pm
post #129 of 449

Here are the winners from last week's show:

Danny (dead wife)
Michael Sarver (oil rig guy)
Alexis (pink hair)

I'll never be able to keep track if I don't write them down!

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:44pm
post #130 of 449

Count me on in the AI Chat! Just noticed this, although, I have been weaned off CC! No just joking, I've had some health issues so I've missed a lot!
I like the choices for the first three, looking forward to the next group!

KellBell22 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 9:24pm
post #131 of 449

Michelle, I love how you describe them in the parentheses. I'm the same way! Unti the finals few I never remember names. icon_biggrin.gif

FlourPots Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:48am
post #132 of 449

So, AI is not on tonight?!!

I didn't realize till a few minutes ago when I was double checking the start time (8 or 9).

FlourPots Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:54am
post #133 of 449

And what's up with the date being off on everyone's posts? I can understand the time, different time zone and all that from where the site originates. But the date?? Unless it's based in another country, where it is tomorrow????

Just wondering.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:15am
post #134 of 449

No it's not on tonight ... presidential address at 9:00. It's a 2-hour one tomorrow.

The date on your above post is showing up ok on my end.

michellenj Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:53am
post #135 of 449

I am VERY annoyed that the presidential address is pushing back AI to Wed and Thurs. That means that my DVR will be totally f'd up on Thursday, b/c there is Survivor, AI, The Office, and Hell's Kitchen. Something is going to get messed up, I just know it.

FlourPots Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:33am
post #136 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

The date on your above post is showing up ok on my end.

Really? That's so weird...this is what my first post states (as I see it):
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 am

But it was actually 7:48 PM (Feb. 24 -Tuesday) ...I'm on the East Coast.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:04am
post #137 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I am VERY annoyed that the presidential address is pushing back AI to Wed and Thurs. That means that my DVR will be totally f'd up on Thursday, b/c there is Survivor, AI, The Office, and Hell's Kitchen. Something is going to get messed up, I just know it.

icon_lol.gif You sound like that commercial where the camera is too full and the photos are saying "Uh-oh! Someone's going to get deleted!!" icon_lol.gif

michellenj Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:15am
post #138 of 449

And the fisherman is going "Not me, it was me the last time". icon_lol.gif It is just like that!

KellBell22 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:56am
post #139 of 449

Well crap! I looked forward to AI all day long!!!! icon_sad.gif

FlourPots Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:04am
post #140 of 449

I know everyone's on pins and needles wondering about my date/time dilemma icon_biggrin.gif ...

I went into "My Forum Info" and was able to change the time, which then changed the date...all is correct now. I had no idea I was the only one seeing a problem...and it's been like that since I joined. I wondered why no one ever posted about it, but just figured it wasn't a big deal to people.

Anyway, back to AI, I promise tapedshut.gif .

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:06am
post #141 of 449
Quote:
Quote:

Really? That's so weird...this is what my first post states (as I see it):
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 am

But it was actually 7:48 PM (Feb. 24 -Tuesday) ...I'm on the East Coast.

I had this problem for a while, and I finally figured out that I had to change my time zone in "My Forum Info". Maybe yours got messed up somehow too.

shannon100 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:09am
post #142 of 449

Oops, I guess we posted at the same time!! I thought the same thing, FlourPots! It was like it from the beginning, and it drove me crazy! Actually, in the beginning, I lived overseas, so I just figured that's why it was messed up. Then when I came back to the US, it started bothering me. Haha. I'm glad I wasn't the only one! icon_smile.gif

Back to AI... can't wait to see tomorrow's!

FlourPots Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:11am
post #143 of 449

Thanks shannon icon_smile.gif ...it finally dawned on me when indydebi said she sees it correctly.

michellenj Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:06am
post #144 of 449

We were off to a "meh" start, Norman Gentle was freaking hilarious, I am not sure why he didn't sing seriously, and Allison (red hair) just kicked ass on Heart's "Alone". Still watching.

michellenj Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:13am
post #145 of 449

My prediction is Allison, Adam Lambert, and that Kai guy.

KellBell22 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:02am
post #146 of 449

Adam Lambert is the guy who did "Wicked" on Broadway right? I'm rooting for him for sure...

KellBell22 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 6:00am
post #147 of 449

I'm guessing Alison for the girls, Adam for the guys, and I'm hoping either Kai or Matt for the third. But seriously if what's his face with the dual personalities gets through I don't hink I'll be able to take it

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:09pm
post #148 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

But seriously if what's his face with the dual personalities gets through I don't hink I'll be able to take it

Shooooo - me either.

FlourPots Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:51pm
post #149 of 449

The only two I really liked last night were Allison (red hair) and MishaVonna ("Drops of Jupiter").

I felt bad for Jasmine (the one with all the adoring sisters), she tanked after such a promising start at the auditions & Hollywood. I was hoping she would make top 12.

Norman/Nick was funny & annoying all at the same time. I kind of want him to go already...his routine is starting to get old.

I didn't like Adam's performance...he can sing, but his piercing, Axel Rose type notes make me cringe. I don't know...I'm not on board with him yet.

shannon100 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 6:27pm
post #150 of 449

Overall, I was pretty disappointed in the performances last night. So many people chose the wrong song for their voice!!! No one was perfect, but a few have a chance at moving on.

Norman gets on my nerves!! Th judges say "You're not a fit for the music world" or something like that. Then why did you put him through to the top 36!?!? That's what "America's got talent" is for! I really hope he doesn't make it through to the top 12.

I had a hard time picking the 3 out of this round that I want. I really like Kai. I hope he goes through! I've liked him since his first audition.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%