Italian Meringue Imbc And Fondant Covered Cake Storage

Decorating By sonalp Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 2:26pm by stephaniescakenj

sonalp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sonalp Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 4

HI,

a customer has requested IMBC filling frosting for a cake. I normally use regular buttercream and fill and frost 3 days prior to the event, so i can do fondant and decorations in time etc.
With Italian meringue buttercream, can i fill and frost the cake 3 days prior to the event? Once i frost it and cover with fondant, does the cake need to be refrigerated or can i leave it outside for 48 hrs prior to eating?
please help!

thanks,
Sonal

3 replies
sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 4

Nope. IMBC is fine at room temp. I dont refridgerate any of my cakes.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 4:57am
post #3 of 4

I never leave IMBC cakes out and always keep them, and IMBC/Fondant cakes in the fridge. Eggs in anything make me nervous at room temp, no matter what the recipes say.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 4

Yea i always refrigerate my IMBC. For my own personal consumption, I've set our leftover cake on the counter for a few days and it's been fine but I wouldn't do it for a customer. If it's cold near you, you'll have no problem pulling it in and out of the fridge. I run into trouble in the summer when I pull it out of the fridge and the humidity hits it so I usually don't use fondant in the summer.

If anyone else has any tips for it in the summer, I would appreciate hearing them as well. I dread the summer with only window AC's....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%