Strange Wedding Order

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 11:40pm by summernoelle

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #31 of 35

I have a headache from this order !

Unless you really need the money, at this point I would turn the order down completely. Things are getting too confusing. At some point something is going to go wrong somewhere (not with you) but you're going to get blamed for it and end up with her demanding a refund.

I'd send her back her check and tell her that you cannot take the order due to extreme lack of communication.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:16pm
post #32 of 35

Cathy, I was tempted to do that. Believe me. This has been all over the place, and way more complicated than I am used to.

I ended up telling her yes, I will do it, but basically what Indydebi said. I also let her know where I thought the confusion has occurred, with the canceling of her order, the phone calls, etc. Guess why-no call back.

Very nervous about this one...I think I have covered myself with the contract and documentations through email, though.

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 4:23am
post #33 of 35

I was going to write and tell you that I have a really great GF chocolate cake that is easy to make and tastes great but after reading your subsequent mails I I still think you ought to drop this as she sounds too confusing and the whole thing will end up being a headache in the end.

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 4:43am
post #34 of 35

I don't know what the latest is on this wedding saga...but I know from BAD past experiences...I would get the full payment ASAP, and make sure it clears, etc. I would make this a point and let her know until FULL payment is made nothing will be done with the order. I actually had a bride like this and didn't get paid until 2 weeks after the event, and with 2 bounced checks in the mix! Hopefully she is just a little "screwie" and you will get the contract and the money. I would hate to loose and order like that since it is a good bit of $$. Good luck...keep us posted!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 11:40pm
post #35 of 35

If anyone wants to know what happened with the momzilla, here you go:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6235062.html#6235062

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%