Air Brush Machine!

Decorating By Kim040508 Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 2:48am by Kim040508

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone, I'm so excited!! I ordered an air brush machine last week and it finally came today! icon_biggrin.gif Ok, so my question is how do I use it? I've never used one before and I think it looks pretty self explanitory, I guess I'm looking for any tips or anything you all would be willing to give. I haven't used it yet I'm waiting for my 2 youngest to take naps. Hopefully soon!!

Thanks to all in advance.
Kim

3 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 4

Hi Kim!

Some helpful tips.... use only a few drops of color in the cup at a time. Maybe 4 or 5. Practice your pressure on a pc. of paper. Hold the airbrush (backend) up towards the ceiling. If you angle the airbrush to sideways, you will get lots of overspray.

Hope these tips help. Have fun!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:33am
post #3 of 4

I learned by playing with a huge roasting pan of hot air popcorn!!

That is how my cake instructor taught us years ago.

At the end of the class we had layered bags of rainbow popcorn to take home. FUN! I also learned how to set the pressure that way. Too much and it will blow the popcorn out of the pan.

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:48am
post #4 of 4

Thank you, to both of you. I am probably doing this backwards, I should have taken some classes on how to use one before I bought one. Needless to say, there are no classes offered in my area and I just figured that it looked easy enough that with time and practice I could teach myself. Thanks again. I'm going to pop some popcorn and get a roll of paper! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%