Cake Boxes, Delivery Question

Decorating By IcedTea4Me2 Updated 7 Jan 2009 , 3:44am by indydebi

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 3:32am
post #1 of 2

If you have a cake that is somewhat tall (taller than any carrier that you've got) how do you box it up to deliver it? If you're using a very wide bottom layer, how do you accomodate that? Is there someplace that carries unusual sized cake boxes or do most people just improvise somehow? I know with the SPS system that you can deliver a fully-assembled tiered cake. Do you somehow cover it up to deliver it? Thanks.

Lisa

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 3:44am
post #2 of 2

I use my 18x26 baking sheet to transport. I line it with a sheet of no-skid material. I pull a big sheet of commercial size saran wrap and drape it lightly over the cake (not that crappy stuff they stick ya with in the grocery stores!). This makes it great to carry into the facility, too. The baking sheet is a nice, sturdy carrier and even if the cake is unassembled, I can usually get all 3 tiers on one baking sheet.

It's even helpful on assembled cakes ... the baking sheet is sturdier and it's just easier to carry the cake on these.

I think it's worth it for anyone to buy even just one of these baking sheets for this purpose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%