Web Site Help!!

Decorating By live2create Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 6:27pm by cylstrial

live2create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
live2create Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 3

I just recenlty joined CC, I must say just from reading all of your post on different topics I have learned so much, the creations all of you have are out of this world.
I need to and so want to build a web page for my business I see some of you have them and I am wondering how did you do it, how did you know what to put on the page to sell your prouduct. There has to be providers out there that you can have total control over adding, updating your site. I do have my domaine names I did purchase them a while back. Now I want to take this project to the next step, I just am not sure what to do.
Someone once told me there is a site called GoDaddy.com that has templates I did kinda toy here but still was unsure. I think by having a site when I have someone call about cakes I could direct them to the site. In the past I have taken pictures of my cakes put them in an album and shared this way, I think this has in away became a thing of the past. I think the web site is the future. Please share with me how all of you have gone about this task..

Thanks a million thumbs_up.gif

2 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 2:12am
post #2 of 3

I got started through startlogic.com. They have 2 or 3 methods of setting up and maintaining your website. Their support is generally excellent....I did have one run in, but it was eventually fixed after much stomping of my feet. And I'm not sure it wasn't due to my own computer ignorance, but most (99.9%) of the time, they are really helpful and don't mind explaining stuff to the computer illiterate.

They have some decent deals with like a whole year for $6 or so. Some website that reviews hosting companies gave them a really good rating, which is why I started there.

I think you must have a gallery, so people can view your work. You'll need a home page with some basic business info, an "about us" page to introduce yourself and the business. I also have a pricing and products page.

You can change the templates and content any time you like. It's mostly user friendly if you have any computer knowledge at all. Adding the gallery was the only issue I ever had, and that has been permanently fixed.

If you want to see what it turned out like, pm me and I'll email you my website. It's really a nice hosting company. I know several other cc'ers have free hosting, and it would be worth it to check them out, but to me support is everything.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 3

Startlogic.com sounds like a great place to check out. Thanks for sharing with us!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%