If It' Not One Thing, It's Another!

Business By indydebi Updated 4 Jan 2009 , 10:16pm by indydebi

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 6

First my mixer .... now this!!

I pop into the shop today, for just a few minutes. I have cookies baked, I just have to box them up for Monday's delivery to the dealership. Hubby and I haven't been there 5 minutes when all the lights go out!! We check the breaker box and that's not it. (I paid the bill! I really did!)

So I check with my neighbors. Our entire strip mall has no power!! I call the light company and report it. I tell him, "I've no idea if this has anything to do with it or not, but at the very SECOND that the lights went out, we heard a bunch of geese flying overhead." The guy went, "Ohhhhhhhhhh! Well, yeah, sometimes they are the problem!" and he promised to get someone right out there.

I was at least glad I already had the cookies baked!

5 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 6

I peer into my crystal ball.....I see your new catering menu now. I have a recipe for goose ala orange! Fresh baked goose. Ok, I see in your future a sudden downfall? Or is that down falling? Collect the feathers for pillows....
Sorry, it does suck duck....Oh wait, goose.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 6

Hurry up and see if any of them have fattened livers.

Mike

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 6

Pardon my stupidity...but what do the geese have to do with your electricity going out?!!!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 6

Well, at least the cookies were baked and they will send someone out right a way. The last outage we had here was because of the weather and we were out for 72 hours. Many were out longer.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 6

Sometimes geese will fly right into the transformers and blow them out. Geese aren't real bright. And the transformer is right outside my back door, next to our retention pond. (whoever planned THAT wasn't real bright either!)

But if they electrocute themselves right outside my backdoor, I wont' need electricity to cook 'em ..... right? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%