New Year...so Excited!

Business By classiccake Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 8:02pm by aztomcat

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 2

I have made the big leap and am finally going high-tech in my shop. I have purchased Keystroke Point-of-Sale, two laptop computers, and Wedding Cake Design Pro.

I have been feeding information to the programmer about all the data from our store. We will have a touch screen with all our pricing, designs, shapes, custom upgrades, flavors, fillings, programmed into the system. We even have the names, photos, and prices of the 40+ cakes on display in our showroom.

The laptops in the bridal room are also programmed for the POS and the design software. We can sit there and design the cake, enter it into the POS, get an invoice and print a copy of their design, all the while at the table!

I will be able to get all the reports from the system on the computer in my office and my computer at home. We will be able to track everything that happens here. The accounting programming also is compatible to my accountant's programming, so this will eliminate tons of paperwork.

We will even be able to print out the orders for each week, and a baking list by flavors and sizes!

I am SO excited about all of this. It was a big investment, but I feel that in 2 years, it will have paid for itself in manpower hours saved.

1 reply
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 2

Congratulations........its a big step to fund technology, but I agree that it will pay off soon.

Hope you have a great 2009.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%