Ace Of Cakes Nightmare

Decorating By yeastconfection Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 1:15am by Win

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:31pm
post #31 of 35

how awful for you. I cna't even imagine that happening after all that time, work and expense and he didn't even see it. Sound like my luck lately with these cakes. Some days you hit it on the nail and others it's like your first day on the job. Practice, plan and compete again. You are sure to place next time. Good luck and wihs me luck too I have a competion in march in VA

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:51pm
post #32 of 35

Yeastconfection: First, the cake is amazing icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif !!! Mary Alice often checks in on CC and has even had the courtesy to respond at times... I HOPE she sees this forum and has the opportunity to let Duff read some of the background story to the cake. You are soooo talented. If you could pull off a display like that and are such a newbie, then the sky is the limit for you!

Second, Merissa.... is the scarecrow cake the same one you did in the past? Did you not have your picture taken with Duff at another competition with that cake featured? Or, is that the same competition? Am I thinking of the right cake? It was so cute.

kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #33 of 35

AHH sorry to hear that it was so beautiful!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:53pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

Ye

Second, Merissa.... is the scarecrow cake the same one you did in the past? Did you not have your picture taken with Duff at another competition with that cake featured? Or, is that the same competition? Am I thinking of the right cake? It was so cute.

It was the same one. This all happened over a year ago.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:15am
post #35 of 35

Merissa, I remember that cake well and thought it was so cute at the time. After I posted, I realized it must have been the same competition and had taken place well before.

What stands out most for me in the story is that the OP mentioned what a "sweet lady"you were!!! Is that not what each of us should constantly strive for? NOT that your cake was impressive even though it was,) but more importantly you were impressive!!! It once again proves that we live in a very small world and never know with whom we are rubbing elbows.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%