Help! White Cake Quest

Baking By AZrunner Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 10:43pm by jillyb

AZrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZrunner Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:27am
post #1 of 4

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. We've been trying different white cake (from scratch) recipe to keep on our menu at our cake shop. We've tried using carton egg whites rather than from eggs, tried beating just enough thinking we might be overbeating, tried many recipes from our wonderful site CakeCentral. Do anyone have a White Cake recipe they can stand by?
Our current results is dry and crumbly. It seems, any recipe we've tried, it is always dry and/or crumbly. HELP!!
Our next approach is to completely take 'white' cake flavor off our menu and do White Chocolate instead.

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 4

try the Nany's white cake recipe on here:
it's the ONLY from scratch cake I've ever made that turned out......oddly enough it calls for whole eggs, but it does wind up white and it's VERY moist and delicious and really couldn't be simpler. I chose it because I was craving cake one day and didn't have any mixes and wanted a recipe that utilized what I already had in the house and this one fit the bill.......I've never waivered from it......not sure why it doesn't have a higher ranking though, it's very good!

AZrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZrunner Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:06am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for replying, I shall give that one a try tomorrow. I'm determined to find that wonderful white cake recipe.

Thanks, again!

jillyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillyb Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 4

Did you try Nancy's recipe? How did it turn out? I have also been looking for a white cake from scratch. I did find a white cake from scratch recipe and one of the ingredients was a box of cake mix, I still consider this a "scratch " cake...wouldn't you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%