I Need A Cake Supply Store In Los Angeles, Ca

Decorating By sxyfemm Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 10:32pm by Rylan

sxyfemm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sxyfemm Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 8

I AM HAVING THE WORST TIME FINDING CAKE SUPPLY STORES HERE IN LOS ANGELES,CA .I GO TO GLORIA'S CAKE SUPPLY STORE AND SUR LA TABLE .IS THERE ANYONE IN LOS ANGELES THAT KNOWS A CAKE SUPPLY PLACE I CAN TRY

7 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 8

Have you tried CalJava in Northridge? You can find them on line, there's a phone number on their website. You can call their store and see if they have what you need before making a trip. There is also Marie's Party Palace in San Fernando, tele 818-365-3606.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 8

Here is a list of suppliers, as posted on the California Cake Club website:

http://www.cacakeclub.org/o/CASugarArtStoreClassList.pdf

sxyfemm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sxyfemm Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 8

THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! icon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 8

You are welcome! You should consider joining the California Cake Club.. they have lots of members in your area.. There is also a local club, Sweet Arts of Orange County that is a wonderful organization... www.sweetartscakeclub.com

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:18am
post #6 of 8

Hey, All!

I found out today that New York Cake has opened a location right in LA.

Here's the link that tells about the new location -

http://www.nycake.com/contact-us.aspx

Enjoy!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 12:26am
post #7 of 8

That list is great! Just to add a personal touch, Surfas is great - they have lots of baking supplies (sugars, cocoas, TONS of pans, etc., misc food products) but not a lot of decorating stuff. But just enough to lure me back from time to time. Small selection of gels and dusts, etc. but not as much as at a proper cake shop. Still, absolutely worth a trip.

I was going to mention NY Cake - haven't been but someone just told me about it.

Also a little farther south, in Carson/Torrance just off the 110 at Lomita, is The Cake Palace. It's a great little shop, good supply of colors, dusts, and they carry Rich's Whip-n-Ice if you can't find Bettercreme anywhere.

That list also shows Cookin' Stuff in Torrance (almost Redondo) which is a good shop but only if you're not local to Surfas (Surfas carries far more stuff).

I can't stand Gloria's - they are SO expensive!

Sur la Table is waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive! You can find way better stuff at Surfas. Please go there. NOW!! icon_wink.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:32pm
post #8 of 8

If you want to see cute guys, check out Cal Java. The owner's son is so adorable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%