Gold Tip Roses

Decorating By momdalejr Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 3:15pm by bobwonderbuns

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 5

What do you use to gold tip bc roses? I am making my daughters wedding cake in sept. how long before the wedding can I make the roses, and any other suggestions other than bc roses. Would you suggest the roses in course 3 (fondant roses)? Thanks you

4 replies
bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 5

I really prefer fondant or royal icing for roses, just because you can make them ahead of time. Tip them in gold luster dust by using a paint brush wettened with a touch of vodka. Fondant roses can be made months ahead of time. Buttercream tastes better than most fondant. I usually use home made MMF for accent pieces such as roses.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 5

Gumpaste Roses are the best..You can do them today and store them after they are dried. I have a tutorial in Youtube with some tips on making roses. You can use a five petal cutter or you can do separate petals.
Then you can gold tip them at any point.

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 5

This is a cake I did using air-dried buttercream roses that were dry brushed with gold dust. The air-dried buttercream allows you to make the roses ahead of time, and you could also mix the gold dust with vodka to just paint the tips of the roses for a different look.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_40061.html

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:15pm
post #5 of 5

If you look in my pix, I did a chocolate hearts desire cake in which I drydusted lustre dust onto chocolate buttercream roses. It's one look you can achieve but it's not "tipped" on the edges of the petals. For that I would use a flat brush and make a "paint" out of gold lustre dust and either vodka or lemon extract. Brush on the edge lightly and there you have gold tipped roses. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%