Does Anyone Do Flylady?

Lounge By Someonesmommy Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 4:59am by SeriousCakes

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 13

I found the FLYLADY website and it seems to be helping me keep my house clean and organized. I was just wondering if anyone else uses her website?

If you are disorganized and your house is cluttered like mine you should check it out. I just hope I can keep up with it!

12 replies
TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 13

Yup! I'm a fly-baby myself. I've fallen' off the wagon, but always get myself back on. It really works...

TammyH

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 13

Hadn't heard of it, but just took a little peek at the website...I'm going to jump in and give it a try, I sure need help with my disaster areas!
Thanks!

Someonesmommy Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 13

Its really helped me out ALOT!!! I would get so discouraged when trying to unclutter and clean one room at a time that Id just give up!

If you sign up for the emails, they send you little reminders all through the day to tell you what needs to be done next!

And keeping the journal and schedule like shes suggests really helps out.

Now if I could just get my kids to do the same, I'd be set!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 13

I love the 15 minute boogie icon_smile.gif I haven't done Flylady since '02 and the house is so much worse! It takes a great deal of discipline to stick to it but if you do, you will be so much happier!

I will say that even though I am not very good about it now, I still see the improvement that something as silly as scrubbing your sink can do for the house...sink sparkles, now the counters need to be wiped....oh look, the floor could be swept!

So even though I don't follow along, it made me a much cleaner person and I still use her philosophy about only keep things you LOVE and it's okay to buy something new as long you are replacing something....buy a new platter? Gotta get rid of something from the kitchen that you never use.

It's a great strategy since I am a thrift store addict, which means I find tons and tons of fabulous brand name stuff that costs only a $1 or two but I can't buy EVERYTHING because then there is so much crap, you can't find it when you want to use it!

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 5:05am
post #6 of 13

OMG, I just spent the last hour reading the FLYLADY site and it seems like a program I definitely need! Call me a FlyBaby too - tomorrow is Day 1. I don't really have that much stuff to throw away or give to charity because we moved a couple of years ago and I did a massive "cull" of all of our stuff...but I do have hot spots and of course an absolute TON of cake stuff that needs re-organizing and to be PUT AWAY! All 5 of us in my household have a terrible habit of not putting stuff away.

Thank you so much for posting. icon_smile.gif

Someonesmommy Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:53am
post #7 of 13

You may think its crazy, but when it says get dressed to your shoes......DO IT!!! It seems like Im more motivated and don't feel so lazy when I've done my hair and gotten fully dressed!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 13

wow... I've forgotten about flylady.. i used to be on there maybe 7 years ago?

Thanks for hte reminder!~

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 13

I do a Carolynized version of her.

I absolutely hate e-mail spam and boy howdy does she crank out those daily e-mails!

TheLadybugCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLadybugCook Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:30am
post #10 of 13

thumbs_up.gif Love Fly Lady! I am glad to hear other fellow bakers do as well.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 6:10am
post #11 of 13

Ha ha! I've fallen off the Flybaby wagon too! I'm working on getting back on, but I have yet to get cleaned up and organized from Christmas. Yes, the tree is still up. So embarrassed.

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:19am
post #12 of 13

I flutter, flutter and flutter some more...I did it about four years ago and my house and my life in general was non-chaotic. It is a very good system!

Oh boy...I need to be doing it again.

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:59am
post #13 of 13

I shined my sink yesterday icon_biggrin.gif It really does make you want to clean the rest of your kitchen! I normally keep a pretty ship-shape house but everyone's been sick the last couple weeks with one thing or another, plus the holidays, etc, things just have been sliding. I needed a kind of jump-start and that did it for me, lol, shining my sink icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%