Share With Me Pleeease!!!

Decorating By diane706 Updated 26 Dec 2008 , 9:35pm by Mike1394

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 4

I'm opening a shop (hopefully by Jan. 1) and would like to offer not only my designer cakes but cookies and other types of pastries like cheesecakes, turnovers etc. and brownies. If you have any great recipes/ideas PLEASE let me know. You can PM me if you prefer. (Hopefully PMing is working now). I originally posted a question regarding "goodies for a pastry case" that can be purchased from suppliers in bulk but now I am leaning toward making everything from scratch. I want my customers to come back for more because the taste is out of this world yummy! Hee Hee! Also, why are some cheesecake recipes baked and some aren't??? I've never made one either way. icon_redface.gif Thanks everyone!!

3 replies
isabelianico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabelianico Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 4

I don't have any out of this world recipes. But I will answer your question to the cheesecake recipes. One is baked because it has eggs and if it isn't baked then it doesn't have eggs in it. Also if it is baked and it doesn't have eggs in it, sometimes that helps with solidifying it.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 4

Oreo bonbons...yumm! And easy! Crush one package of regular Oreos and mix into 8 oz. of cream cheese. Form into balls (I use a generous 2 tsp. per bonbon) and place on waxed paper. Chill. Once chilled, dip in melted chocolate. You can garnish with sprinkles, nuts, etc. while the chocolate is still soft. They fit wonderfully in the mini-cupcake liners, and this really dresses them up and makes them fancy!

For additional varieties of flavors, use "Wind & Willow" dessert cheeseball mixes. Depending on the flavor, use either chocolate or vanilla sandwich cookies. Crush, mix into cream cheese, mix in the contents of the "Wind & Willow" package. I've tried the white chocolate cherry with vanilla cookies, dipped in white chocolate. Also, the key lime with the vanilla cookies, dipped in white chocolate. Lots of different flavors.

Good luck!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 4

Did you post this in every forum? I answered the one that wasn't in the business section. Cake decoration forum I think.

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%