First Cake Order!

Business By kimster Updated 29 Dec 2008 , 10:58pm by kimster

kimster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimster Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 6

I got my first cake order... oddly enough I made a naughty cake for my girlfriend's husband's birthday (posted appropriately on Cake Central )and she snapped a few pics of it and took it to work. Not really the avenue I was hoping for, but a paying customer is a paying customer!

5 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 6

Lol! One of the first requests from a coworker was for a cake in the shape of a huge butt. I said I didn't think I could make it in time or for the amount of money she wanted to spend. I could have done both of course, but the thought of shaping and forming and detailing someone's big old a$$ just didn't appeal to me.

A local bakery in town did it for her, and it was a sheet cake with the bggest gloppy globs of BC plopped on top of it, smoothed and airbrushed into the butt shape. Gads, I'm glad I didn't make that thing.

Oh, and the best part? Watching where the candles were, ummmm...inserted. icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 6

Geez, where are my manners? CONGRATULATIONS on your first order! Regradless of what it is!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 6

Awesome! I have a side company that I don't advertise on my main site called Kinky Kakes. This biz was actually a result of several customers calling for adult novelty cakes at the grocery store bakery I worked for. We couldn't do them there so I just started giving them my personal number to fulfill these orders...LOL! I don't get as many of these any longer as I don't advertise that I do them, but if someone asks, I definitly will do them.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie85364

Oh, and the best part? Watching where the candles were, ummmm...inserted. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That had me laughing out loud!!!

Congrats, kimster, on your cake order! All these years later, I still remember my first paid cake.

kimster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimster Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for all your replies!

icon_lol.gif the candles... funny stuff

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%