Recipe Needed Please. :d

Decorating By CakeMakar Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 1:05am by CakeMakar

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 3

Scratch baking - I'm really trying to be a convert!

I've searched CC and I can't find any reference to a scratch recipe for a carveable cake.
-I've tried Debbie Brown's Madiera - yuck and dry. I was so embarrassed when I first tasted it at the same time as the guests. They have never ordered another cake from me.
-I've tried the Durable 3D, but it's a box fix and very crumbly. It was a bumpy mess under the fondant.
-I've seen people say a pound cake, but never a recipe to use. Maybe I've had too much store bought cake in my life, but wouldn't that be more like a sweet bread than cake? I think the Entenmann's or Sara Lee stuff. Maybe the scratch version is different? I couldn't imagine sticking BC and fondant on Sara Lee, though. Which pound cake recipe should I try, if so?

If anyone has a recipe I can use, it would be much appreciated. Any basic white/yellow/etc will do.

Thanks SO much for reading!

2 replies
Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 3

Hi CakeMaker, I quite often use mud cake for carving. Mud cake is moist, dense and freezes well.

I have recipes for caramel, chocolate and white chocolate, if you want any of the recipes just let me know and I'll PM them to you. Also buttercake is a dense cake that's good for carving.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 1:05am
post #3 of 3

Sparklepop, that would be great! Any you'd like to share would be great. I've never heard of mudcake before! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%