Calling "all" Winners And Losers Of The 2008 Td's

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 11:48pm by kellertur

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:09am
post #121 of 278

I'm not... Because I'm done! icon_biggrin.gif Woot. Can't wait to share it with you all...

Losers send pictures to pinklesley1, right? Confirmation on that?

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:25am
post #122 of 278

Ok- so, like everyone else, I've been super busy (kitchen inspected yesterday-- passed -- woohoo)

My design is on paper, and I love it. It might take me some work to get the inspiration and the cake in the same photo- I don't know if my software can merge images like that. We'll see.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:28am
post #123 of 278

Thats great that your kitchen was inspected...

I have some pieces done, but still have a ton to do... I am going to send a pic of the inspiration, and then a montage of my cake!

Trixy... Pm me about posting for the losers
Lesley

kansaswolf Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:41am
post #124 of 278

Okay, I'm just going to send my pictures to Lesley! Hopefully everyone's just busy... Aaaand I'M SO STINKIN' EXCITED!!! icon_biggrin.gif

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:32am
post #125 of 278

Do we still have until Jan 24? I hope so... icon_surprised.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:37am
post #126 of 278

no, it ended yesterday. where were you?

all4cake Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:39am
post #127 of 278

I'm sorry...I was only kidding.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:42pm
post #128 of 278

icon_surprised.gif you just scared the living daylights out of me! I thought I really missed it! ha!

i have two cakes this weekend in addition to this one... why do I wait til the last minute icon_rolleyes.gif

all4cake Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:32pm
post #129 of 278

I still have no idea what I plan on doing! Seriously! many thoughts but none that work together. the majority of my orders have been calling for PINK which makes it that much more difficult for me to think in black and white.

pinklesley1 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #130 of 278

has anyone heard from trixy lately...
i am so behind its not even funny...

kansaswolf (Jen) sent me her pics already... so anyone else in the losers category (black and white).. can also pm me or email me their pics as well

[email protected]

thanks... and happy caking

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:59pm
post #131 of 278

I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!!!! icon_lol.gif Just super busy. And still no idea what the hell I'm gonna do...I scratched my first idea...might go back to it, not sure. Have another idea..in my head....hope I can get it right....it will require some new techniques....i'm way in over my head I think...LOL.

WINNERS: send me your pics to my email....if you send through PM, you can only send one photo at a time...not sure why that is, but that is what I found out. You send through PM, you'll just have to send me 3 PM's with a photo in each one. My email is trixyinaz at wowway dot com.

Back to work I go...I'm gonna try to work on it tonight. I have to actually. I'll be busy Saturday baking for my first tasting that I have on Sunday...nothing like waiting to the last second to make my TD cake. HEHEHEHE.

pinklesley1 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 12:58am
post #132 of 278

i am almost done... but i am done for today... have to take a step back... rest my eyes...

pinklesley1 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:13am
post #133 of 278

stephanie - snowshoe, just told me that she will not be able to be part of the td because she chipped a bone in her arm snowboarding...

all4cake Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:30am
post #134 of 278

ah, man! that has got to hurt! I do hope she isn't in pain for too long.

pinklesley1 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:31am
post #135 of 278

i know it sux.... i feel bad for her

mabryant0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabryant0212 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:39am
post #136 of 278

I cant wait to see you guy's cakes...

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:15am
post #137 of 278

I just finished covering my cake in fondant. You guys should be afraid. icon_twisted.gif

I know I am. icon_rolleyes.gif

pinklesley1 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:17am
post #138 of 278

trixy can you send me an updated list of all the competitors.. i am lost at this point with people withdrawing and stuf, plus i want to know who i am posting for so that i make sure i get all of the pics... if not to email people...

stephaniescakenj Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:19pm
post #139 of 278

wow... so stephanie and grace are both out then? jeez, our winners circle is dwindling fast!

Stephanie -- I hope you heal quickly!

My cakes are covered in fondant and that's it. I haven't figured out exactly how to move my idea from paper to cake yet... plus I have to make a yacht this weekend and I've never carved before so my brain is a little fried.

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:17pm
post #140 of 278

I still haven't done anything! Ummmm, I'll have to find the list again.

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:20pm
post #141 of 278

Team 2 - LOSERS
Theme: Black and White
Contestants:
Tina/Cocorum21
Shirl/TipTop57 -
Lea/TeaKakes - votes for Black/White Theme
Jennifer/Kansaswolf
K2Cakes - votes for 1920's Theme
All4Cakes - votes for Black/White Theme
Vicki/Trixyinaz - votes for Black/White Theme

Team 1 - WINNERS
Theme: Inspirations
Contestants:
Jill/Jillmakescakes
Stephanie/Stephaniescakenj
Lesley/PinkLesley1
Brandi/Brandisbaked
Mary/Mariu

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:37pm
post #142 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixyinaz

I still haven't done anything! Ummmm, I'll have to find the list again.

Wow! You make me nervous for you!! Oh well, you are very talented and will no doubt pull off a very nice cake by the deadline tomorrow. thumbs_up.gif
Have you set a particular time the pics have to be sent tomorrow? I know the deadline is tomorrow but not sure "what time tomorrow".
I am going to begin putting mine together later today icon_smile.gif

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:32pm
post #143 of 278

3 pm CST....

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:38pm
post #144 of 278

ohhh, and I'm nervous as all get out! Not only do I have this to do, I need to clean my house from top to bottom, take my daughter to a bday party tomorrow afternoon, and then bake 3 cakes, 4 fillings and 3 icing flavors for a tasting that I am doing on Sunday. OMG!!!! What ITH was I thinking not doing this sooner? I told DH last night that I'll be pulling all nighters this weekend starting tonight. Plus, come Sunday morning I have to start fasting for a colonoscopy that I am having done on Monday. Thankfully my tasting will be over by time I have to drink that awful gallon of liquid. I don't mind the fasting or drinking that stuff...it's having all that yummy cake, icing and filling staring me in the face that is going to be hard. I'll be drooling heavily over it. I can't even eat a crumb!!!! AARGH!!!!!

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:40pm
post #145 of 278

I'm the only beginner and I'm going up against some awesome decorators with way more skill than me. I have everything in my head....just a matter of putting it on the cakes.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:50pm
post #146 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

wow... so stephanie and grace are both out then? jeez, our winners circle is dwindling fast!

Stephanie -- I hope you heal quickly!

My cakes are covered in fondant and that's it. I haven't figured out exactly how to move my idea from paper to cake yet... plus I have to make a yacht this weekend and I've never carved before so my brain is a little fried.

Thanks, Steph! I'm totally bummed as I was really looking foward to this - its almost imposible for me to knead anything (I had this same problem with the class I taught last Saturday). Maybe I'm getting too old to be out acting like a teenager!! icon_rolleyes.gif Nope - never! I'll still be boarding and skiing when I'm 95!

Looks like you are the only NJ Meetup competitor! I have my design and the cake is 1/2 finished so I'll post it later and hope to get some good critique back from you all.

stephaniescakenj Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:19pm
post #147 of 278

I was looking at the pics of your class. Looks like it was a great success. I made a little hula girl using the Remy Mold last night, it was my first since your class. I smudged her face a bit but I covered it up ok. I don't think anyone will notice, at least I hope!
And how cool was that sheeter at Buddy's last week? you need one of those so you hardly have to knead!
I was actually finding it quite comical that three of us from NJ were supposed to compete against each other. Now I'm all alone... I was trying to convince Grace to make a cake last weekend but she said she was just too busy... Oh Well.

Get better soon!

kansaswolf Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:44pm
post #148 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixyinaz

I'm the only beginner and I'm going up against some awesome decorators with way more skill than me. I have everything in my head....just a matter of putting it on the cakes.

Well, I'm only one month out of "beginner" status, and I don't have a business yet, so you probably do FAR more cakes than I do!

I can't wait to see cakes!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 10:04pm
post #149 of 278

I have not received any thread alerts!!!!!! What is with THAT! icon_eek.gif

It is 4:00 PM on 1/23/09 and I do not have anything completed - yet......

........but be afraid losers - be really afraid because I do my best work when I stay up all night and cram like I will be doing tonight!

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 10:09pm
post #150 of 278

you ladies are scaring me!!!!!lol i looked at all your work and well icon_cool.gif need i say anymore.......................im in either way lol. cant wait to see all your cakes, this is so much fun isn't it?
mary

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%