Making Perfect Fondant Corners

Decorating By theathea Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 5:38am by Someonesmommy

theathea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theathea Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:26am
post #1 of 6

A friend wants me to do a "simple" 3 tier square wedding cake with swiss dots. She wants mmf instead of regular fondant. I'm worried about getting the corners right. Any suggestions? Regular fondant is more forgiving. I love working with mmf, but it does tend to be a little too stretchy. I don't want to mess up someone's wedding cake. I wish she wanted more designs on it so I could hide my mistakes.
Please help! I'd be glad to hear any suggestions.

5 replies
Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:44am
post #2 of 6

Today I saw a set of fondant smoothers that were ecspecially(spl?) made to make crisp corners on fondant. It was on the website that I dont think I can post here on cakecentral (I read somewhere on here that it would get deleted.) I was thinking about buying it cause I cannot get nice crisp corners for the life of me!

Im sure some of the more "seasoned" members on here probably have a better way of doing it without the special tool. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

theathea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theathea Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:52am
post #3 of 6

Thank you! I appreciate the help.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:54am
post #4 of 6

I just learned that if you put spaces between the letters of the website it will post.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:56am
post #5 of 6

REDugas
I am sending you my email address. Would you send me the info on these tools. I am fondant illiterate, have had a lot of problems with it and would love anything to help.
Thanks and Happy Holidays

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:38am
post #6 of 6

Im sorry guys. It wasn't on the forbidden website. I saw it on www.globalsugarart.com

Here's the direct link. Just scroll down the list there are a couple different ones.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=911

Don't forget if you do buy anything from them to use the link on the side of the screen to make sure cakecentral gets a credit for you buying from them.

Im not sure if they work or not, but I think I am going to be buying one after the holidays are over. If anyone reading this has one of these can you let us know if they are worth purchasing?

Hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%