What Would You Charge?

Decorating By lmpedersen Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 10:07pm by lmpedersen

lmpedersen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmpedersen Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 10:07pm
post #31 of 31

Thank you Debi!

Quote:
Quote:

Adding this to my collection of "Attendance" stories!

I'm thinking that being so close to Christmas affected the attendance as did the weather. It is very cold and icy right now. There were several accidents in the area. BIL and SIL called to say that they got stuck in traffic behind a 30 car pile up. Traffic was also heavy since it is the last Saturday to shop before Christmas.

Most of the people that attended seemed to be neighbors of the groom's parents. The reception was in their neighborhood, so it was easiest for them to get there.

As far as the timing of the wedding ceremony, I found out last night that they didn't really have a choice as far as the time. There were 75 couples that were married in the temple yesterday and they only do them in the morning. The timing ended up working out fine since it was only family at the temple. We drove back to his parents' church for lunch and then spent the time finishing up getting the room ready for the reception and setting up the cake. Time flew and it was time for the reception before we knew it.

Quote:
Quote:

Hopefully the one in two weeks will have a more accurate count, but it will probably be similiar.

It will be similar. There are no rsvp's. Anyone in town is invited. It will be after the holidays and it's a small town, so it should be easier for everyone to attend that wants to. We had some people that were going to attend the one here in town if they weren't able to get to the reception yesterday.

Quote:
Quote:

Congratulations for pulling this off.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%