Need Instructions For Dragon Cake

Decorating By iceit4me Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 1:59am by iceit4me

iceit4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceit4me Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a dragon cake and I have no idea how to make this is there any directions on how to make a cool dragon?

5 replies
AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 6

Take a look at the dragon in my gallery. It is so easy and is made using 2 bundt cakes cut in half and an 8 inch cake for the head. The pointed tail is from the two sides that were trimmed off of the side of the head. The feet are cupcakes turned upside down. This cake is always a hit. The spines on the back are made from MMG mixed with a little Fixodent. I am cheap and don't like to buy just a little gum paste when this works so well. Cut these thin and first out so they will have time to harden. The whole cake is decorated using a star tip. Have fun!

DebbieHouser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbieHouser Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 6

Here is a link I've been saving in case I ever get to make this...looks soo fun and there are full instructions here.

http://sdbytracy.com/dragoncake.htm

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 6

Here are the instructions for my standing dragon:
http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Roger.html

Deanna

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:01am
post #5 of 6

I made a dragon for a young boy at church. The photo is in my photos (dont know how to attach LOL)

I used a sheet cake and built up the body with some of the cut away cake. I patterned it after chyana66's dragon but I think she used a round pan and I need much more cake than that. My daughter sculpted the head. we crumb coated and then covered in about 350 individual mmf scales. We made the wings out of mmf mixed with gumtex and let to dry for at least 24 hours. Spikes, rocks, claws all of it mmf. I did the grass on the board with a grass tip. I actually filled my layers as I built the body up (crushed twix chocolate caramel buttercream yummy) so it wasnt just one uninterrupted flavor. It was yummy and the adults who didnt want to eat the mmf were able to scoop the sweet italian cream buttercream grass and use it. It was a big hit. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

iceit4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceit4me Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:59am
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much for responding so fast to my cry for help!! You are all wonderful and I can't wait to get started!! Thanks again!! Grace (iceit4me)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%