Would Someone Please Help Me???

Decorating By Niquie Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 12:23am by -K8memphis

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:42am
post #31 of 45

this brought tears to my eyes.....how sweet to offer your KA mixer....Merry Christmas to all of you and God Bless!!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 5:37am
post #32 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

As a military wife who just got back from Germany after 6 years, I know how difficult it can be to make ends meet. Add to that the fact that a lot of cake supply stores, hardware store are non existent over there and it makes supplying yourself very difficult. Alot of people think it's just the military member who struggles, but they are made better soldiers, airmen, marines and sailors because of the strong spouses (and families) supporting them and holding down the fort at home.

God knew I could bless Ashley and He knew that I can understand her struggles, because those struggles are mine as well. With God nothing's a coincidence; I mean I didn't know she didn't have a KitchenAid when I read the post and she didn't know I had a spare one laying around. I idn't know she was a military wife overseas and she didn't know I was one who just returned from overseas...God did though. Even if you aren't religious, you have to recognize that just by reading this thread. Everyone who has read this was meant to have read it, know that God is working in all of our lives for the better of our spirits- rejoice now during this season and appreciate the gift that has been given to us all. Count your blessings (the faculty of all your limbs, your family, your health) and bless others as you feel led to.

I know alot of people may be offended by my "religiosity" but I can't keep quiet about the goodness of my Lord. I don't mean to offend, I just want to encourage...and God bless us everyone! (Tiny Tim style, LOL!)

Wow, Tita...I'm speechless.

LOL! Yeah, you'd never think I'd turn out this way when you remember how I was in high school, huh? Hey, everybody, me and "Tomoore" went to the same high school! I was the kid who had a look that said, "Why don't you go die?" LOL! Just goes to show you, God can change anyone!

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:25am
post #33 of 45

Ok, so just like everyone else, the tears came to me also. I could not believe that a perfect stranger (and she is a "PERFECT" stranger) could offer me something so great and want nothing in return. I just wanted to let everyone know that this is truly a blessing for me. You all have no idea how "bad" I wanted a mixer, and I was going to give up trying to decorate because of my icing issues, but along came miss Tita9499, and I feel like a million bucks right now. She is so right about the fact that God knew about this situation eventhough we didn't, and you best believe that this is something I will never forget, and I will definitely never let my family and friends forget that kindness and generosity go a long way. Tita9499 will truly be blessed for her kindness, and I hope that we can all continue to help and love one another on this site. With God, all things are possible, and this is truly a story for the books in my opinion.

I'm going to print out this thread and place it in my scrapbook, because this is like the best thing that's happened to me all this year other than the fact that I found out I was having another baby. I get really bumbed out around the holidays, because last year I lost my Grandmother (mom's mom) and 6 months later I lost my mom, and other than my husband and my children, they were the most important people in my life (I am an only child and my mom was a single mother, so we were really close). And like I said, I always tell people that I am into cake decorating because it was something that my mom loved, and she tried to share it with me, and doing this keeps me close to her. And to think, I was seriously thinking about giving up on it because I was so frustrated about the icing and mixer issue. See, Tita9499 is truly a blessing, and this act of generosity should be shared with everyone you all know, because I know I am going to share it with everyone I know.

I also wanted to let you all know that she did in fact mail the mixer to me, and it is on the way. I will be sure to let her and everyone know when it arrives, and how much fun I'm having using it, LOL!!! God bless Tita9499 and her family, and everyone on CC for all the help and advice that has been given to me. You are all wonderul and I am now, for sure, going to be a "CAKER" for life!!!

Ashley

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:54am
post #34 of 45

A wonderful post full of beautiful giving spirit. The true meaning of the holidays. CC as it should be. I for one am happy I saw this thread. Very touching and heartwarming. thumbs_up.gif

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:08am
post #35 of 45
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As a military wife who just got back from Germany after 6 years, I know how difficult it can be to make ends meet. Add to that the fact that a lot of cake supply stores, hardware store are non existent over there and it makes supplying yourself very difficult. Alot of people think it's just the military member who struggles, but they are made better soldiers, airmen, marines and sailors because of the strong spouses (and families) supporting them and holding down the fort at home.

God knew I could bless Ashley and He knew that I can understand her struggles, because those struggles are mine as well. With God nothing's a coincidence; I mean I didn't know she didn't have a KitchenAid when I read the post and she didn't know I had a spare one laying around. I idn't know she was a military wife overseas and she didn't know I was one who just returned from overseas...God did though. Even if you aren't religious, you have to recognize that just by reading this thread. Everyone who has read this was meant to have read it, know that God is working in all of our lives for the better of our spirits- rejoice now during this season and appreciate the gift that has been given to us all. Count your blessings (the faculty of all your limbs, your family, your health) and bless others as you feel led to.

I know alot of people may be offended by my "religiosity" but I can't keep quiet about the goodness of my Lord. I don't mean to offend, I just want to encourage...and God bless us everyone! (Tiny Tim style, LOL!)

Wow, Tita...I'm speechless.

LOL! Yeah, you'd never think I'd turn out this way when you remember how I was in high school, huh? Hey, everybody, me and "Tomoore" went to the same high school! I was the kid who had a look that said, "Why don't you go die?" LOL! Just goes to show you, God can change anyone!

You said that not me...LOL! But after I got that email from you, I did pull out a pic I had of you slicing strawberries giving me the "get outta my face" look. You weren't a bad girl...just a typical teenager. icon_rolleyes.gif It would be great to see you again. Let me know if you ever make it back out this way. ...and very nice, thoughtful post and offer.

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:32am
post #36 of 45
Quote:

My Pastor said it best, "Don't try to outdo the other person by giving the best gift because the best give you can give is free". Jesus said that out of these things: faith, hope and love, that the greatest is LOVE (1 Corinthians 13:13). Check that out, it's greater than faith! Love is all you have to give so give it, that's the meaning of Christmas anyway.

Tita, it is wonderful that you are willing to help another person by donating a mixer. The world needs more people with your heart. Thank you for being such a kind and sharing person.

I quoted you here because I came to read this thread and I do believe God must have drawn us here. I bought my daughter a bracelet today with this exact scripture on it. The Lord surely does work in mysterious ways.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

AlixsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlixsCakes Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:40am
post #37 of 45

I have just read this post with a sense of real emotion. What a lovely gesture - the spirit of Christmas is alive and well at CC. It's so heartwarming when all you hear on the news seems to be about how mean mankind is to one another.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to Tita, Ashley and everyone else who dispenses such wonderful help and warmth on this site! king.gif

Tita9499 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:58pm
post #38 of 45

Okay, okay, enough tears and mushy stuff...let's now pray that Ashley's mixer makes it over the ocean to Japan so she can actually use it!

God bless you all! Merry Christmas!

Tita9499 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 5:27pm
post #39 of 45
Quote:

You said that not me...LOL! But after I got that email from you, I did pull out a pic I had of you slicing strawberries giving me the "get outta my face" look. You weren't a bad girl...just a typical teenager. icon_rolleyes.gif It would be great to see you again. Let me know if you ever make it back out this way. ...and very nice, thoughtful post and offer.

Post it so I can see it...but only if I look fly...

Tomoore Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #40 of 45

The flyest chic you'd find in those fashioable white aprons we wore... I'll post it when I get back. gotta run out.

Tita9499 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:46pm
post #41 of 45

You remember how Mr. Edwards always used to say, "The C.I.A. of America"? I always wanted to yell, "It's the CIA or the Culinary Institute of America, not the CUlinary Institute of America of America, you boob!"

Okay, sorry to get off topic but I had to have a bit of nostalgia...

Tomoore Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:02pm
post #42 of 45

LOL...girl! Those were the days. He is some leadership position for the program they just started at PGCC. He really did quite well with the program at Crossland before he left. I spoke to him in the summer...I'm back in school to finish my bachelors cause I'd like to teach and was seeking a lil' guidance from him. The kids seem to love Kenny.

Tomoore Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:03pm
post #43 of 45

Okay, Tita...your making me feel old! LOL.

Tita9499 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:32pm
post #44 of 45

It's okay, we ARE old...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 12:23am
post #45 of 45

sniff

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%