Ugly Cake - What To Do?

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 4:54pm by Penny7271

Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:38pm
post #31 of 36

I love the idea of a topsy turvy cake beautifully executed in garish colors. It will actually show off your decorating skill while "offending" the color sensibility of someone who has perfectionist tendencies. Since she is a kindergarten teacher, maybe a fondant kiddie or two with a paintbrush and a "Happy Birthday" plaque that looked as if one of her students wrote it out...or do the cupcakes in kiddie faces saying different birthday greetings on a gumpaste plaque that resembles the "conversation" balloon over a cartoon character. This sounds like a totally fun project...Good Luck!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:55pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by saracupcake

How about a beautiful cake for another occassion obviously altered to make it a birthday cake, as a joke I have used Christmas cards and tippex-ed out Christmas and written birthday you then get to make something gorgeous but make it look recycled.

icon_lol.gif Hubby does the same thing ... it's become known as "The Uncle Phil Designer Card"! He doesnt' even use white-out. He just crosses out "Christmas" with an ink pen and hand-writes "Birthday" ... so the card ends up saying "Merry Birthday"! I think his record is making 9 corrections on one card. Believe it or not, family members look forward to getting his "designer" cards. icon_lol.gif Especially on the birthday gift that is wrapped in newspaper and delivered in a brown grocery bag! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #33 of 36

I love that Merry Birthday idea.

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 11:48pm
post #34 of 36

Please don't forget to post this gem. I can't wait to see it! icon_biggrin.gif

Lisa

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 2:54pm
post #35 of 36

Thanks everyone. I tried posting last night but something must have been wrong with the site. I will try again. I ended up making the like a topsy turvey cake. Whole cake covered in seafoam green with orange borders, yellow polka dots, a red bow on the top layer and then one on the side and red and pink flowers. I frosted and decorated everything nice it was just a very tacky gaudy cake.

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 4:54pm
post #36 of 36

Sounds like it would have worked great! Can't wait to see a picture!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%