Covering Pillow Cake With Fondant?

Decorating By ChristianCakeBaker Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 3:16pm by JaLa90016

ChristianCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristianCakeBaker Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:27am
post #1 of 5

Ok from the tutorial it LOOKS easy... but after trying it i ran into some obstacles. For one thing, how do you get the fondant to go on the WHOLE thing and not mess up at the corners? i tried, and it didnt quite work out, and i'm usually good with fondant. any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:22am
post #2 of 5

IDK but here is a bump.

PatrysV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatrysV Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 9:15am
post #3 of 5

I'm by far no expert, and this is going to be difficult to explain in words...but here's how I do it... icon_confused.gif

You put your pillowcake (coevered in BC) on a tin or someting so that it is elevated and you can come in under the corners.
Roll out your fondant in a square, big enough to cover the top, sides and a bit underneath.
Put it over the cake so that it hangs over it like a cloth.
Smooth lightly from the top and over the sides.
At the corners(underneath) you press the 2 sides of the square that meet there, together. Take a scissor and cut the excess off in a straight line underneath the corner, so it will look like a seam going from the corner to the middle of the cake. (Do you understand??) This will be on the bottom of your cake - so no-one will see it in any case. It gives you a nice sharp point as well.

Hope this helped...Her's one of mine.
LL

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 5

Do your corners first and you did need extra to tuck underneath, not alot though!

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 5

Nice job on the pillow!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%