Round Gingerbread House

Decorating By stsapph Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 4:44am by stsapph

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anyone had any instructions on how to make a round gingerbread house, or I guess, how to have a curved wall in a gingerbread house? I want to make a tower but don't know how to get a curved surface out of gingerbread. Are there special pans or other things to use? Help!!! lol TIA for any help

Amber

4 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 5

You buy aluminum flashing from Home Depot and bend it to the shape you want, then bake on the flashing. To bend it, you can run it off of a sharp-edged countertop to get a rounded shape.

Be super careful, though...aluminum flashing is as sharp as razor blades. Wear work gloves!

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 5

Iknow that to make napkin rings out of bread, you just bake them around a paper towel roll lined with foil (and sprayed with no stick spray) or lined with parchment paper.
That should work for a cookie as well.

jkeeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jkeeler Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 5

Another way to go is to still use the aluminum flashing or some other metal shaped into your pattern. Pick the gingerbread up off the baking sheet still warm and pliable (wear oven gloves) and drape over the shaped metal. It will dry into the correct shape. Doing it this way eliminates the problem of the gingerbread sliding off your metal shape in the oven.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:44am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much!! I was thinking about the idea of moving the gingerbread after while it was still warm as I was brain storming, so glad to see others have as well!! Will try and let you know how it works. Thanks again!

Amber

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%