Gallery Supporters Please Help Me!

Decorating By Shelle_75 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 4:42am by tcakes65

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 4:13am
post #1 of 50

TWELVE pages of uncommented photos going back to LAST SUNDAY!!

icon_cry.gif

49 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 4:18am
post #2 of 50

There are actually more than 12 pages and way further back than last Sunday! only 12 pages will show at a time and since the comments function was down for so long we are so far behind.

On another post we were trying to figure out when the comments stopped working to see how far back we need to go - so far Thanksgiving!!

I have commented on about 75 today and try to do that almost every day.

One day we will get caught up!!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 4:23am
post #3 of 50

I just clicked and it won't come up, the uncommmented pictures, I mean. icon_sad.gif

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 50

Bumping this up so more can see. We need help!! This time will come to be known as The Time of the Never Ending Page 12 icon_cry.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 50

Since I became a gallery member last week i've taken the time to comment on at least 60 pics per day! There were so many I commmented on when the feature was down and didnt realize it that I commented on them again. Will try for more this week.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 50

Holy crap! I'm doing as many as I can between nursing the baby and feeding the other kids!

Thanks for helping!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 50

I will be happy to help!!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:59pm
post #8 of 50

I'm on the way !!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:05pm
post #9 of 50

I'm on the way !!

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:12pm
post #10 of 50

I am been having so many problems to get in to the web site some times I can't go to the forums some time I can see the pictures etc, the system was down and we are having some problems with that but we will do our best to speed it up. thumbs_up.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:27am
post #11 of 50

I want to be a member of the gallery some day, but:

What if the gallery commentators impose some rules, like:

You must describe your cake, flavor, filling, and size..

and decorating specifics...such as gumpaste leaves, fondant bow, hand-modeled figurines out of sugar, fondant, gumpaste,, or other??, etc.

There has to be some sort of standard when people upload their photos other than sitting back and waiting for others to ask. THere are just too many photos. If they give the info, give a comment. Otherwise...don't expect gallery members or general audience to ask. Is that asking too much?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:31am
post #12 of 50

The act of posting the picture is sufficient to receive a comment from a Gallery Supporter. I do not expect this to change.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:41am
post #13 of 50

Just finished commenting on pgs 12,11,10 and part of 9! I started from the oldest first!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:50am
post #14 of 50

I done a few, will try and do a few more this week....

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:51am
post #15 of 50

I went back and did some.... will try and do a few more this week....

janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:28am
post #16 of 50

I just delivered a big cake, so I can get back to commenting now...

I really want to upload the pics of the cake that I just did, but I don't want to add any more to the gallery!! haha!!

going to unload and reload the dishwasher in the kitchen where it looks like a cake exploded!! (am I the only messy messy baker out there?!) then its on to the never ending page 12.........

thank you all so much for all of your help getting caught up!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:41am
post #17 of 50

I have been doing a couple of pages every day, it is never ending at the moment, but we will all keep at it & win the game in the end. LOL

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:14am
post #18 of 50

I did at least 20 and WAH!! it's still 12 pages. Dating back to Nov. 30th now. Wonder how far it goes this time! Keep up the good work!

Judi

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:58am
post #19 of 50

I WONDERED why page 12 never seemed to go away! Heh... My monitor died last week, so I've missed a few days of commenting... Getting back to it! icon_biggrin.gif

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 8:14am
post #20 of 50

Maybe I'm dense, but what is important about photos getting comments?

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 8:30am
post #21 of 50

Ohhhh, I see what's going on. No wonder my cakes never got any comments before...
I will go back to look at the ones I put comments but the comments never showed up.

I think is nice to get comments on the photos...especially if you are a begginer like me....thank you for leaving comments on my cakes icon_smile.gif

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 9:58am
post #22 of 50

I love to get comments on my cakes, but I don't usually get anything that helps me to improve. I'm wondering though what the significance is for the gallery supporters to comment on all the cakes. is it really beneficial to get "lovely cake" comment without any additional feedback?

janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 12:59pm
post #23 of 50

Deb - I guess I don't understand what kind of comments you are looking for. Do you ask for a critique in your description of your cake.

Its important to have at least one comment on every photo so that CCer's know people are looking at their cakes. A little kind word will keep people posting pictures and improving their skills.

I always feel better about a cake after I get a comment, and unfortunately people will add to their favorites without commenting.

The Gallery Supporters are there for just that - support of the gallery - a kind word and some encouragment.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:17pm
post #24 of 50

I just commented on about 50 of them. I try to say something personal about every picture if someone takes the time to type in a description, but if someone just posts pictures then I'll just post "Good Job"

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:29pm
post #25 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

going to unload and reload the dishwasher in the kitchen where it looks like a cake exploded!! (am I the only messy messy baker out there?!) then its on to the never ending page 12.........

thank you all so much for all of your help getting caught up!

I so wish I could say no to this!!! icon_lol.gif I frequently have a cake bomb in my kitchen!! icon_lol.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:44pm
post #26 of 50

I have been so busy that I have really dropped the ball! I will do some today!

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:56pm
post #27 of 50

will try

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:06pm
post #28 of 50

I'm jumpin back in guys! Sorry I've been a little self absorbed lately! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:21pm
post #29 of 50

when you refer to page 12...I'm confused is there a way to view all of the most recently updated cakes regardless of category? If so where can I do that?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:24pm
post #30 of 50

How does one become a Gallery Supporter Member? If this is addressed in another thread, can someone direct me to it? Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%