Red Velvet And Fondant

Decorating By FullHouse Updated 13 Dec 2008 , 11:10pm by FullHouse

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know if I can use a Cream Cheese filling on Red Velvet Cake that is safe to keep at room temp (I don't have time to order artificial cream cheese flavoring)? If not, can the cooked flour frosting be left out or should I just use IMBC or reg. BC or should I purchase the canned cream cheese frosting from the grocery store? The cake I am making is going to be covered in fondant w/a fondant bow. I really appreciate any advice on this, thanks.

6 replies
FullHouse Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 7

bump.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 7

Cream cheese icing is just fine at room temp for a day or two. he sugar keeps it from spoiling.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 7

Ok. Why can't you put it in the fridge? How hot is it where you are? How long will it be out of the fridge? These are all important factors.

FullHouse Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 7

I'm in NC. Outside temp is in the upper 40's-lower 50's, inside would be around 70F (give or take a bit). Is it safe to leave out the crusting cc icing under fondant for a full day during a party?

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 7

It's only out for a day during the party??? I was thinking of over a few days while decorating!!! You will be fine! As sayhellojana said, the sugar keeps the milk protiens from going bad. Totally fine!

FullHouse Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you guys so much. I love that there are so many nice people on CC willing to answer questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%