Pos System

Business By classiccake Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 12:17pm by Sweet_Guys

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 4

I am seriously considering investing in a POS system. Does anyone here use one in their store? Are you happy you made the decision to use one?

3 replies
btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 4

I just purchased one. I was contacted by Micros and looked at their system, but it was $8k+ icon_surprised.gif I already had a Royal cash register, but the Royal Touch Screen (although under $1k and tied into QuickBooks) wasn't everything I was looking for.

After more research, I decided on Quickboooks POS. It comes with the cash drawer, printer, barcode scanner, credit card reader & software. I still had to purchase a touch monitor, pole display and computer. All combined, it came to about $2500.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 4

At my former job they had one from Sirrus Ware (sp?) and the thing was so unreliable it was HORRID! Probably doesn't help that that they had inept people programming the thing either...

I would say look at what they have for service after the sale with whichever company you end up with and how much they're going to charge you for it. It can add up in a hurry. Also, one thing about touch screens is consider that you're working with icing all day long so for cleaning them what they recommend to do, it's not as easy as taking the dish towel to the surface and wiping the thing off LOL...

Good luck!!!

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 4

We purchased the QuickBooks POS since I was using QuickBooks for my bookkeeping business....However, I found the software to be too cumbersome to use in relation to QuickBooks that I customized the forms right in QuickBooks to meet our needs. I'm really well-versed at using computer software, and this program had my mine blown away....Total cost was under $2,000.

Paul (& Peter)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%