Help Me With This Please

Decorating By delisa01 Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 3:42pm by KHalstead

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 12:11pm
post #1 of 6

I will soon be doing a cake with this border. How do I do it? is it a fondant ribbon border that is hanging low with slits cut into it? Please help

TIA
LL

5 replies
mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 6

If it were me I would cut the ribbon out of fondant then use scissors to get the slits.
Jen...

ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngfcake Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Quote:

is it a fondant ribbon border that is hanging low with slits cut into it?

It certainly looks like that. I would use a pizza or pasta cutter http://www.dchefonline.com/products-dchef3 and a self-healing mat with guides http://www.dickblick.com/zz589/00/, because you need even spaces between the cuts and it will take you forever to measure all this cuts. I'd say you have to work fast, and finish one tier (or even one side) first and then the other. Don't cut too much into your ribbon or it will be breaking constantly. Good luck and let us know how you did it.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 6

Yup, looks easy to me, snip snip snip!

Jen icon_smile.gif

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for your help and suggestions!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 6

yep, definitely use the scissors I did a border like that before on a hawaiaan themed cake and snipped with scissors for a fondant "grass skirt" look. just make sure when you attach it to only put water or edible glue on the top edge of the fondant and don't put too much water or it'll drip down and the bottom "fringe" will try to stick to the cake too and you'll lose the effect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%