Do You Have A Favorite Pan (Size/shape, Etc)?

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 5:37am by lindambc

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anyone had a favorite pan they like to use. I didn't think I would get much use out of it when I bought it, but I love my little mini tasty-fill wilton pan. It makes a 4" cake with a hole in the middle for the filling. I use this for most of our family gatherings. This way I get to make 2 flavored cakes. Chocolate for me and whatever for everyone else...LOL. Makes sending cakes home at the end of the night easy.

Judi

4 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:21am
post #2 of 5

Actually, I love all my Fat Daddios pans--the cakes are less "crumbly" on the outside.

But the one that I use ALOT is a Wlton 6" X 3" round. I do the "parent cakes" for a University here--you know, the parents order their kid's BD cake from the University and they call me. I make and deliver it to the office and they deliver it to the dorm.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:08am
post #3 of 5

I get alot of use out of my 12x18 and my bundt pan...love them both!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:17am
post #4 of 5

The pans I use the most are 8" rounds. Torte three layers into six, add filling and you have a nice, neat, and tall cake, perfect for a small group of people.

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:37am
post #5 of 5

Love my Wilton 6x3. Use it all the time. It has a dent, so now I just have to go get a new one! Woo Hoo. My Fat Daddios are nice too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%