Immediate Help Required!!!

Decorating By turtlemom_9500 Updated 29 Nov 2008 , 1:01am by GI

turtlemom_9500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtlemom_9500 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 6

My sister is baking her first cake ever and she forgot to spray the pan with non stick spray icon_sad.gif how is she suppose to get it out of the pan.. BTW.. Its a spongebob cake so Its important to keep the shape....
Please help.. tia.....

5 replies
cakebaby59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 6

Oh My Gosh!!! Don't let it get cool before trying to remove it...that's about all I can contribute...Good Luck!!!

JennaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaB Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 6

You can try putting the pan on the stove over a flame to heat the bottom and release the cake. No guarantee but I have seen it done before.

turtlemom_9500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtlemom_9500 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:01am
post #4 of 6

if that doesn't work, will freezing it in the pan work??

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:18am
post #5 of 6

I would definitely run a knife down the sides, between the cake and the pan. A couple of chunks out of him wouldn't hurt the look at all....what's a sponge without holes anyway?

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:01am
post #6 of 6

I've forgotten this step before. I don't know what the sponge bob cake pan looks like, but this is what you can try.

When the cake comes out of the oven, take a metal, flat pancake-turner, slide it down the side of the pan, pull up and wipe off with a damp rag, go along side of it to the next "stuck" part of the cake, and do the same. Wiping off your spatula each time. Then, go BACK and go to the very bottom of the pan, pushing out just a bit, loosening up the bottom of the pan. Wipe off after each try. Careful not to break any of it, but if you do, you can stick it back together with your frosting.

Pushing along the bottom of the cake with a flat, metal turner (that's wide) gets it unstuck.

Metal is important because they have a narrow width and the plastic kind stick to the CAKE whereas the metal doesn't stick to the cake at all.

HTH! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%