Delivering With Stress Free Supports

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 4:39pm by summernoelle

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 7

so ive delivered 3 tiers stacked using the SFS, how will a 4 tier, 6",8"10" and 12" do? is this too narrow a set up to deliver stacked? Got to do it later today so let me know what you think. thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 7

I've done it with SPS.

SFS is too expensive for me!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 7

will do fine. dont take turns sharp is all

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 7

just for future ref. the cake did fine delivering it completely stacked. i did dowel through the middle. thanks ladies for your help.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 7

I do dowel for the delivery then remove it when I get to the venue. I love the SFS but make sure you get enough of a deposit to cover if it's not returned.

I keep promising to get the SPS but you know the saying...just haven't got "a round tuit"

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 7

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. What is the difference between the sfs and the sps? my sister is planning to buy the sfs for me because I am doing her wedding cake. Before I do I have some questions.

Is this the better system?
If she is doing a 6 8 10 12 14...which set do I buy? The starter set says the rings are 4 6 8 10 12 but wouldnt I need only a 12 in ring to put on top of a 14 inch base?
Or does that mean a 12 is to be used on top of a 12 in base?
And for the acrylic plates they sell to accompany it, the plate size is to be the same as the cake size just like a cardboard circle right?

I am sorry just dont want her to spend that kind of money and get the wrong thing! Thanks so much in advance!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 7

From my understand, SFS is a very expensive, metal contraption that you buy, and have to get back from clients. (Charge a deposit!) I think it keeps all pressure and weight off your cake. There is a photo of it somewhere, with a lady stand on it, to show how strong it is.
SPS is plastic, disposable, and you don't have to get it back from the client. It works great, and is what I use for clients.
I'm sure others can explain this better, but this is the basic understanding that I have. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%